The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Giroud > Borini + Balotelli + Lambert

I wasn't even trying but I still hooked somebody...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
I wasn't even trying but I still hooked somebody...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're always trying, because you don't seem to have anything else going on in your life.
Original post by Arkasia
You're always trying, because you don't seem to have anything else going on in your life.

Come on man, don't get all salty :smile:

You can do better than Giroud but he has some kind of hold over you, it's hilarious :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Come on man, don't get all salty :smile:

You can do better than Giroud but he has some kind of hold over you, it's hilarious :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, we could spunk over £30m on Benteke.
Original post by Arkasia

I know you're trying (and failing) to be funny but why would you buy Giroud 2.0 when you could buy Cavani and ruin him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia

Or £35m on Andy Carroll. Or close to £100m combined on Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Rickie Lambert, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Lovren and Markovic.
Original post by Lúcio
I know you're trying (and failing) to be funny but why would you buy Giroud 2.0 when you could buy Cavani and ruin him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I'm sure you know that feeling all too well.
Original post by Arkasia

Oh I got you good...

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia

Original post by Arkasia

Original post by Lúcio
Oh I got you good...

Spoiler

Hook, line and sinker mate.

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia
Hook, line and sinker mate.

Spoiler

I'm just messing, honestly I'd rather talk football than turn in to @The Shed End :smile:

I think that will all depend on how Firmino settles in.
So far he's had a tough start and i don't think he realises just how little time you get on the ball against certain teams.
He needs to be more aware of the players around him like Coutinho is, although I'm not worried about his ability to score a goal if he gets a chance (he'll miss a sitter against United now I've said that...)

Overall, Coutinho is our star man and i don't see Firmino having as great an impact, however if he can form a good partnership with the former, he could have a great season too.
Perhaps with Coutinho suspended against United, Firmino may step up? Who knows..
Original post by Lúcio
Lol at Giroud > Anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shhh you'll upset all the Arsenal fans who overrate their players.

I'll have you know that there was no one better than Giroud in the market. He has world class link up play!! who needs a cliche striker who scores goals.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm just messing, honestly I'd rather talk football than turn in to @The Shed End :smile:

Nothing to be ashamed of.

#obsessed
Original post by Lúcio

I think that will all depend on how Firmino settles in.
So far he's had a tough start and i don't think he realises just how little time you get on the ball against certain teams.
He needs to be more aware of the players around him like Coutinho is, although I'm not worried about his ability to score a goal if he gets a chance (he'll miss a sitter against United now I've said that...)

Overall, Coutinho is our star man and i don't see Firmino having as great an impact, however if he can form a good partnership with the former, he could have a great season too.
Perhaps with Coutinho suspended against United, Firmino may step up? Who knows..

My memory of Liverpool specifics is purposefully shaky, how did Coutinho do when he moved to Liverpool? (Say, the first 10/15 games or so).

I was at the Chile/Brazil game at the Emirates and it was pretty dire until Firmino came on, I was pretty annoyed you lot got him, I do think he'll be good for you.
Original post by The Shed End
Nothing to be ashamed of.

#obsessed

Sorry man, just wanted you to get involved.

#obsessed

Original post by Arkasia
My memory of Liverpool specifics is purposefully shaky, how did Coutinho do when he moved to Liverpool? (Say, the first 10/15 games or so).

I was at the Chile/Brazil game at the Emirates and it was pretty dire until Firmino came on, I was pretty annoyed you lot got him, I do think he'll be good for you.

Coutinho wasn't even a nailed on starter for us until a season ago - i think he was rotation during the SAS campaign and it's only fairly recently that he's stepped up and shown his true talent.

Firmino himself is highly rated and he clearly has great skill.
It's just a question of whether he can adapt to the new league and display it to help us this season.
I mean when you have two young Brazillian AMs behind your striker, what can go wrong?
Original post by Lúcio
Sorry man, just wanted you to get involved.

#obsessed

Coutinho wasn't even a nailed on starter for us until a season ago - i think he was rotation during the SAS campaign and it's only fairly recently that he's stepped up and shown his true talent.

Firmino himself is highly rated and he clearly has great skill.
It's just a question of whether he can adapt to the new league and display it to help us this season.
I mean when you have two young Brazillian AMs behind your striker, what can go wrong?

Would it be fair to say that Firmino is going to be deployed as the more attacking of the two? By that I mean: Coutinho will move the ball about the pitch and chip in with shots/assists himself, but Firmino will be more of a second-striker type player?
Original post by Arkasia

Repped the first then pissed off I couldn't rep second FFS

First world problems
Original post by AR_95
Repped the first then pissed off I couldn't rep second FFS

First world problems

How's school?
Original post by The Shed End
How's school?

Schools sick blad hear this thing called freshers week is going on next

Latest