The Student Room Group

How to choose the perfect campus-based uni?

Hi,
Does anyone know which unis are campus based but are in a large city? I like the sound of campus unis more but still want the liveliness and fun of a large city.
Thanks!
Original post by 12284
Hi,
Does anyone know which unis are campus based but are in a large city? I like the sound of campus unis more but still want the liveliness and fun of a large city.
Thanks!

Ultimately going to visit is the best thing, but Leeds, Birmingham, Queen Mary and Nottingham are all campuses near large(ish) cities
Original post by 12284
Hi,
Thanks!

Hello!

I attending Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln. BG is all campus based. It's a fairly small campus, then again, quite big at the same time. Accommodation is on site as well as all lecture rooms and subjects housed on the campus. It's a beautiful campus as well!

At the same time, Lincoln is a five minute walk down the road and is fairly lively and to be honest, a 'student run' city.
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
Ultimately going to visit is the best thing, but Leeds, Birmingham, Queen Mary and Nottingham are all campuses near large(ish) cities

Thanks! Do you know any more closer to the south?
Reply 4
kingston, King's college, UCL, Greenwhich, surrey, UWE, Bristol... Just have a look on Google, there are tons of university that's near a large city.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 12284

Bristol and Nottingham? There aren't really many large cities in the south, and you'll get a better experience at Northern unis so it might be worth considering them a bit more.
Reply 6
Original post by Mr.wong
kingston, King's college, UCL, Greenwhich, surrey, UWE, Bristol... Just have a look on Google, there are tons of university that's near a large city.

thanks! but I'm looking for campus based unis in a large city as it sounds more fun with a stronger comnunity feel inside the campus.
Reply 7
Original post by 12284
thanks! but I'm looking for campus based unis in a large city as it sounds more fun with a stronger comnunity feel inside the campus.

I went to an open evening for UWE and they are on the out skirt of Bristol, 5 miles from bristol actually and they have a pretty good campus. A lot of my friends go there so It must be good.
Sussex. Small, friendly, contained campus surrounded by the South Downs but about 30 minutes bus journey to central Brighton.
Reply 9
Original post by Helloworld_95
Bristol and Nottingham? There aren't really many large cities in the south, and you'll get a better experience at Northern unis so it might be worth considering them a bit more.

why
I chose Liverpool.

I'm from the area so used to the city, but the university is contained within a campus, literally within the streets of Liverpool. You can walk down a hill and be in the main shopping district (L1), or sit in the public parks and revise. It's a beautiful city, brimming with fascinating architecture...i'm a fan.
Original post by Meninism
why

Price/party ratio i suppose.
Original post by 12284

I'd forgotten Sussex, but Birmingham and Nottingham and even Leeds aren't that far on a train from London at least, obviously a bit further if you live further South. And yeah UWE, otherwise most of the southern uni cities/towns are smaller- Bourmouth, Canterbury, Colchester, Exeter, Penryn, Winchester,
Southampton, Portsmouth and Cardiff aren't campus unis (and Portsmouth is a smaller city anyway).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Meninism
why

There's a greater choice of Northern city-campus unis, they're bigger, they're cheaper to live in, greater mix of people. And if you come from the South it gives you somewhere a bit more different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending