The Student Room Group

Choosing A-level subjects

Can anyone help me with choosing right A-level subjects for studying law at university?
I'm taking Geography and Further Maths, and I want to do one more subject either Biology or Frech. I like French better but I haven't studied it in GCSE...
Is A level French difficult compared to Biology? Which one is better for applying university?
Thank you😀
Original post by Francesca Meng
Can anyone help me with choosing right A-level subjects for studying law at university?
I'm taking Geography and Further Maths, and I want to do one more subject either Biology or French. I like French better but I haven't studied it in GCSE...
Is A level French difficult compared to Biology? Which one is better for applying university?
Thank you😀
History. Languages tend to be HELL at A Level (from what I've heard). Biology would be a good choice. History is your best bet and Geography will help. What about English or Film Studies or Sociology. You'll need some more essay based subjects. Give me your full list of G.C.S.E.
Original post by 04MR17
History. Languages tend to be HELL at A Level (from what I've heard). Biology would be a good choice. History is your best bet and Geography will help. What about English or Film Studies or Sociology. You'll need some more essay based subjects. Give me your full list of G.C.S.E.

Thank you for your advice. I thought about taking English Literature and History at first, but because I'm an international student(from China), they will be very hard for me...and I didn't take GCSE.
Original post by Francesca Meng
Thank you for your advice. I thought about taking English Literature and History at first, but because I'm an international student(from China), they will be very hard for me...and I didn't take GCSE.
What did you take at G.C.S.E. equivalent then? History shouldn't be a problem for an international student. What about Film Studies or Sociology though. You need something essay-based
Original post by 04MR17
What did you take at G.C.S.E. equivalent then? History shouldn't be a problem for an international student. What about Film Studies or Sociology though. You need something essay-based

Ok, thank you for your advice. I will think about Histiry or Sociology:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest