The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Wenger using all the money to silence the slags he's been cheating on his wife with. Apparently he was having an affair with a French rapper.

Can't even say I'm all that shocked tbh, it's always those who think they're high and mighty who end up being the disloyal scum bags. She probably had enough when she asked to go to four seasons while on holiday and Wengs said that where weren't any top hotels where they wanted to go and booked them into a holiday inn instead....

Seriously hope we win tonight, if not things could get VERY, VERY ugly very quickly. Google trends would go into meltdown over the number of #wengerout tweets
Original post by leinad2012
I respect that but talking about how to improve our revenue streams is equally pointless, because we aren't spending the money we make. We have £200mil in the bank and we're sitting twiddling our thumbs while our rivals take our transfer targets. Why should we as fans CARE about how we're going to improve our profits and commercial ventures if we see NONE of increased revenue in the form of cheaper tickets or better players?

You don't have 200mil in the bank that you can use on transfers and if you read the link I posted, you might be a bit more clued up on your club's finances.

The more money the club makes = the more money the club can potentially spend on players. It might not have happened this summer but Arsenal spent significantly more money in summer 2013 (Ozil) and summer 2014 (Sanchez) precisely because the club has stronger revenues than ever before.

Anyway thread isn't as good as it used to be, I'm out.
Original post by Zerforax

PRSOM :rofl:

Grandpa just rekd you all harder than me and @The Shed End normally do
Original post by Lúcio

Speak for yourself rookie
Original post by Lúcio

You don't have 200mil in the bank that you can use on transfers and if you read the link I posted, you might be a bit more clued up on your club's finances.

The more money the club makes = the more money the club can potentially spend on players. It might not have happened this summer but Arsenal spent significantly more money in summer 2013 (Ozil) and summer 2014 (Sanchez) precisely because the club has stronger revenues than ever before.

Sorry to be grumpy lads, not in a good mood right now.

@Lucio why is it we're supportive of each other on the fantasy thread then dicks to each other on here? :biggrin:
Can't believe olympiakos game isn't on gen sale or sold out yet. Was gonna buy a ticket off someone through the ticket exchange but that only becomes active once the fixtures is sold out and i don't feel comfortable buying direct as it's so easy to buy a fake ticket. Really pissed off that I'll now probably not be able to get a ticket for the game through a reliable source
Original post by leinad2012
Sorry to be grumpy lads, not in a good mood right now.

@Lucio why is it we're supportive of each other on the fantasy thread then dicks to each other on here? :biggrin:

For the banter.

#salty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speak for yourself rookie

Bitch pls, I've revitalised your desire to haunt this thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait for chambers to have harry in his back pocket for 90 minutes.... Welp:frown:
So Arsene's getting divorced, even she's #WengerOut.

Wonder how long it'll be till the club appeal the decision.

Lol. No he isn't.
We're getting absolutely smashed tonight lads! But COYG anyway :woo:
Original post by atom y humber
Lol. No he isn't.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

Not sure how many of you follow the Swiss Ramble (he's an Arsenal fan) but he has some pretty good articles on finances. Good breakdown of Arsenal's latest position.

The thing which is most striking for me is how weak the commercial revenues are. With the new Puma deal etc, the commercial revenues should break 100mil for 2014/15 but then you imagine the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will again increase their commercial revenues (figures not released for other clubs yet).

What can the club do to improve the commercial revenues further? Or is it a case that this stream can only increase with some sustained success?

We could do with signing more little deals with ASEAN companies. Over here, there's loads of Chelsea, pool and united billboards to be seen (ALL are outdated Torres in liverpool a and Chelsea's) . Can't remember seeing any of arsenals.
Reply 7493
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
We're getting absolutely smashed tonight lads! But COYG anyway :woo:

Spurs are really bad.

I approve if this post given your issues with understanding elementary English.
Reply 7495
Lol. No he isn't.

They are. But they must have been in a relationship for 20 years or so. Not so surprising that they are no longer interested in each other.
Original post by llys
Spurs are really bad.

So are we. This is gonna be good.
I approve if this post given your issues with understanding elementary English.

if
Reply 7498
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
So are we. This is gonna be good.

They would have to be exceptionally awful to lose against that Spurs team. I won't watch though, just in case. :o
Original post by llys
They are. But they must have been in a relationship for 20 years or so. Not so surprising that they are no longer interested in each other.

They are NOT.

Latest