The Student Room Group

AS Level Geography

I did GCSE Geography and i got an A* in my controlled assessment, B in my physical exam, B in my human exam and a C (3 marks above a D) on my making geographical decisions. Do you think i would be able to do it at A level and get a decent grade (B+) as there is no controlled assessment.

We did edexcel for GCSE and are doing AQA for A Level
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, it entirely depends on your effort though. GCSE does not determine whether you'll get an A.
Reply 2
Unit 2 and Unit 4 are based on field work in which you have to produce a project (like a controlled assessment) but you're just tested on that in your exam, so if you prefer the controlled assessment and fieldwork parts then you're not at a disadvantage.

If you're worried about your grade in GCSE geography, I got an A at A-level and I didn't even study it at GCSE 😂

Hope that helps!
Reply 3
Original post by GM11
Unit 2 and Unit 4 are based on field work in which you have to produce a project (like a controlled assessment) but you're just tested on that in your exam, so if you prefer the controlled assessment and fieldwork parts then you're not at a disadvantage.

If you're worried about your grade in GCSE geography, I got an A at A-level and I didn't even study it at GCSE 😂

Hope that helps!

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest