The Student Room Group

Which shoes?

I'm in need of some new shoes but I'm not too sure which ones.

I know I want either Vans or Converse but which ones out of the following?

Vans Old Skool Black and White
Vans Old Skool Black
Converse All Star Black

I'm looking for ones which don't show much muck and are structurally good. I've had vans for the past year or so but they've developed holes in the canvas and sole, however I prefer their design more and think they're more comfy.

Scroll to see replies

not the first one imo :s-smilie: but i'm sure anything would look great on you :h:

Original post by jamestg

Vans Old Skool Black
Converse All Star Black

I'm looking for ones which don't show much muck and are structurally good. I've had vans for the past year or so but they've developed holes in the canvas and sole, however I prefer their design more and think they're more comfy.
Converse :smile:
Reply 3
Converse so we can be twins :u:
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
not the first one imo :s-smilie: but i'm sure anything would look great on you :h:

Nooo they're my favourite out of three but it's good to get another opinion! What is it about them that's bad?

Lol I wish! I basically dress like every other sixth former - vans, skinny black jeans, check shirt and white t-shirt. #tryingtobecool
Reply 5
Pre sure I own the first pair (or something similar) and they've managed to last me about 2 yrs+ however after a lot of constant use the fabric inside the shoe might start getting damaged, but yeahh.

If you're worried about dirt though then get the fully black pair, mud does show up fairly obviously on the b+w ones :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by preetg97
Converse :smile:

Original post by ivy.98
Converse so we can be twins :u:

Are they good when it rains? Like does the plastic thing on the top stop your toes from getting soaked?
Reply 7
Original post by jamestg
Are they good when it rains? Like does the plastic thing on the top stop your toes from getting soaked?

Yeah it's pretty much waterproof
Reply 8
Original post by Inexorably
Pre sure I own the first pair (or something similar) and they've managed to last me about 2 yrs+ however after a lot of constant use the fabric inside the shoe might start getting damaged, but yeahh.

If you're worried about dirt though then get the fully black pair, mud does show up fairly obviously on the b+w ones :tongue:

Looks like I'll have to go all black :cool:

Thanks!
Original post by jamestg
Nooo they're my favourite out of three but it's good to get another opinion! What is it about them that's bad?

Lol I wish! I basically dress like every other sixth former - vans, skinny black jeans, check shirt and white t-shirt. #tryingtobecool

idk really they are a bit pointy :s-smilie:

aww no that is the perfect combination, i'm so jelous of the clothes men get to wear :smile:
The first pair ftw! Nice design ..the ones in black are not as fresh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by CoolCavy
idk really they are a bit pointy :s-smilie:

aww no that is the perfect combination, i'm so jelous of the clothes men get to wear :smile:

Fair enough, lol i wish I was girl so I could wear the opposite gender's clothes like hoodies and t shirts
Reply 12
Original post by Chlo.Harr
The first pair ftw! Nice design ..the ones in black are not as fresh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ayyyyy!

All black does make it look like a bit morbid lol.
Original post by jamestg
Fair enough, lol i wish I was girl so I could wear the opposite gender's clothes like hoodies and t shirts

swapsies :biggrin:
Converse all the way! :biggrin:
I wouldn't recommend Converse if you want them to last. I find myself buying a pair of Converse every April or so, then wearing them until September and by then they'll have worn away in the heel and ready for the garbage. I do find them very comfortable and love how they look though. Never owned a pair of vans.
Original post by jamestg

Vans Old Skool Black
Converse All Star Black

Black and white looks best! IMO the other designs are just a bit plain.
Reply 17
1st deffo
2nd look really tacky
the converse look like the shoes goofy wears, but coloured black...
Reply 18
Original post by Sabertooth
I wouldn't recommend Converse if you want them to last. I find myself buying a pair of Converse every April or so, then wearing them until September and by then they'll have worn away in the heel and ready for the garbage. I do find them very comfortable and love how they look though. Never owned a pair of vans.

I do have the problem with the heel being worn away on other types of shoes, and that makes it more uncomfortable, lets water in and makes the shoe look stupid so I'll rule out the converse :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Indeterminate
Black and white looks best! IMO the other designs are just a bit plain.

That's what I was thinking but idm plain, my vans at the moment are all blue but I get you

Quick Reply

Latest