The Student Room Group

What do you think of the UK?

Inspired by the other threads, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the UK? (And maybe even Canada and USA if you can be bothered)

For me:
The queen
Tea
London

I feel a bit guilty for making this thread but someone was going to eventually...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wet weather
A democratic society built upon admirable values :biggrin:
Dull weather
Cloudy weather
Red bricks
Nice people
Diversity
I love the UK, the weather's really not as bad as the exaggerated stereotype makes out and the people aren't as cold and reserved as claimed either.
Love it.

Great people, good range of food, good healthcare system, best universities in the world and generally progressive/liberal.
Reply 7
I asked the same question but instead of the UK I asked about Pakistan. Many people posted pictures of the Taliban and extremist.

Spoiler

Reply 8
Overcrowded. Well, London is at least.
Reply 9
- Loads of great historic buildings/architecture
- great food
- great Drinking culture
- dry sarcastic sense of humour
- self-deprecating but secretly proud to be British
- tea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eoe
I asked the same question but instead of the UK I asked about Pakistan. Many people posted pictures of the Taliban and extremist.

Spoiler

Vita Veritas Victoria.
A dying nation which is almost dead.
Original post by StrawbAri
Inspired by the other threads, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the UK? (And maybe even Canada and USA if you can be bothered)

For me:
The queen
Tea
London

I feel a bit guilty for making this thread but someone was going to eventually...

i think the uk is not as great as everyone makes it out to be but its still a great place to live in
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I love the UK, the weather's really not as bad as the exaggerated stereotype makes out and the people aren't as cold and reserved as claimed either.

Yeah but the people are no longer British.
Reply 14
Original post by william walker
Yeah but the people are no longer British.

Oh please.
Original post by candycaneland500
i think the uk is not as great as everyone makes it out to be but its still a great place to live in

Not as great as it was. Used to be the center of the world. It isn't anymore. Just another nation.
A pretty big disappointment.
Original post by eoe
Oh please.

What?
Original post by william walker
Not as great as it was. Used to be the center of the world. It isn't anymore. Just another nation.

yup agreed
Reply 19
Original post by Inexorably
A pretty big disappointment.

How so?

Quick Reply

Latest