The Student Room Group

Help me with 2nd UCAS application?

Hi, I'm applying through UCAS for a second year after my previous year applying through a different account (as i'm at a different college), I have used similarly the same personal statement as last year. I know UCAS flags up personal statements when there are similarities but is there any way I can be verified as the same person from last year? or do i have to change everything completely? I have said in my personal statement that i applied last year and gave them my previous personal ID to ensure it.

If I can get verified by that, do my references from last year also be applied to my new account? or do I have to search for other references? because these are the only references I feel I can legitimately have and they're from my old school. so can they be applied through my new school if im verified? would just like some help sorry im confused :tongue:

thank you
Original post by ConnollyMann
is there any way I can be verified as the same person from last year? or do i have to change everything completely? I have said in my personal statement that i applied last year and gave them my previous personal ID to ensure it.

Yes.

If I can get verified by that, do my references from last year also be applied to my new account? or do I have to search for other references? because these are the only references I feel I can legitimately have and they're from my old school. so can they be applied through my new school if im verified? would just like some help sorry im confused :tongue:

You'll need a referee to submit a new reference. This may well be your previous referee and they might not have much to say that they didn't say last year but they have to attach it on their end so you'll need to ask whoever it is.
Original post by Hydeman
Yes.

You'll need a referee to submit a new reference. This may well be your previous referee and they might not have much to say that they didn't say last year but they have to attach it on their end so you'll need to ask whoever it is.

okay thank you :smile: and does that mean i need to go back to my old school, find the references and bring them to my new college to be sent through or?
okay thank you :smile: and does that mean i need to go back to my old school, find the references and bring them to my new college to be sent through or?

If you're attending this college regularly, they should provide the reference. You'd only really go back to your school to provide a reference if you were applying in a gap year after finishing the school. Your college will have the most recent impression of you and that's what universities care about.
Hi, I'm applying through UCAS for a second year after my previous year applying through a different account (as i'm at a different college), I have used similarly the same personal statement as last year. I know UCAS flags up personal statements when there are similarities but is there any way I can be verified as the same person from last year? or do i have to change everything completely? I have said in my personal statement that i applied last year and gave them my previous personal ID to ensure it.

thank you

You are wasting space in your personal statement if you wrote you applied last year and wrote your old ID in, don't do it. You can't be punished for plagiarising yourself which they will notice once it gets flagged. They will contact you about this and have you verify that it is your old personal statement (i read this on one of the forums here regarding old applicants reapplying as I reapplied through ucas also) But to be safe you can call ucas to ensure you aren't breaking any rules. Good luck with your applications :smile:
Original post by Random.guy
You are wasting space in your personal statement if you wrote you applied last year and wrote your old ID in, don't do it. You can't be punished for plagiarising yourself which they will notice once it gets flagged. They will contact you about this and have you verify that it is your old personal statement (i read this on one of the forums here regarding old applicants reapplying as I reapplied through ucas also) But to be safe you can call ucas to ensure you aren't breaking any rules. Good luck with your applications :smile:

okay thanks :smile: I have already made the perfect amount of space in my statement even if i include saying i applied etc, but if I do say I applied last year and include my ID would that not save the whole process time or? i dont know haha thanks anyways I'll give them a call :smile:
okay thanks :smile: I have already made the perfect amount of space in my statement even if i include saying i applied etc, but if I do say I applied last year and include my ID would that not save the whole process time or? i dont know haha thanks anyways I'll give them a call :smile:

It wouldn't really save time as the PS gets checked by UCAS's plagiarism software and not a person so you would still end up being informed of possible copying. Additionally, those few lines could be used to write another good point across to the universities so I'd rather you don't and instead try to add more to improve your statement :smile: But yeah deffo give them a call to be sure of their process, you could ask them also about including your details in the PS to clear it up :biggrin:
Original post by Random.guy
It wouldn't really save time as the PS gets checked by UCAS's plagiarism software and not a person so you would still end up being informed of possible copying. Additionally, those few lines could be used to write another good point across to the universities so I'd rather you don't and instead try to add more to improve your statement :smile: But yeah deffo give them a call to be sure of their process, you could ask them also about including your details in the PS to clear it up :biggrin:

The PS gets checked by the software and THEN checked by a person.

It would be clear from the report that the person checks that a PS has content similar to the PS the same person applied with before.

There is no need to waste space in a PS explaining that you've applied previously - UCAS flag that up automatically anyway. You PS should be about why you want to study a certain subject for the next 3 years - not about your previous UCAS applications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending