The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Could I get into LSE with these grades?

I'm looking to study BA Anthropology at LSE.

At GCSE I got 7A*s and 4As, I got a B in AS philosophy, and I'm predicted 3 A*s in my A2s. Is this enough to be considered for an offer? Assuming my personal statement is competent-ish.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Nope sorry :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by h3110

I'm assuming your taking the piss because the person obviously does stand a chance?
obviously you can.
Original post by h3110

Serious or sarcastic? Sorry if this question seems a little naïve, I just really wasn't sure where LSE stand with grades etc.
Reply 5
No chance. Better off applying to Macca's, but with those grades you'll need a damn good CV to compensate!
Original post by gwagon
No chance. Better off applying to Macca's, but with those grades you'll need a damn good CV to compensate!

OH COME ON

you people are either very good at sarcasm or i i really shouldnt be applying
Original post by lucyalice264
OH COME ON

you people are either very good at sarcasm or i i really shouldnt be applying

There's a third option - you check LSE's course webpage and Unistats and see for yourself what the offers are. Then realise that you could have answered your own question in a couple of minutes. (The answer is obviously 'yes' in case you were still wondering).
Sorry, with those grades you'll only make London South Bank :frown:
Reply 9

At GCSE I got 7A*s and 4As, I got a B in AS philosophy, and I'm predicted 3 A*s in my A2s. Is this enough to be considered for an offer? Assuming my personal statement is competent-ish.

Thank you!

Your grades, obviously, are enough here, especially as you know that Anthropology only requires AAB.

Treat grades as a minimum requirement. As LSE doesn't interview, the personal statement matters a lot more than many people realise. It needs to be largely devoted to your passion for the subject, literature, and intellectual thought, with maybe 10-20% on extracurricular.
Reply 10
I have the required grades for Social Anthropology BA at LSE with a very committed personal statement but my GCSE profile isn't that great - I got 6As, the rest were Bs and Cs. I know that LSE put great emphasis on these grades. Realistically, I don't really stand a chance do I ?
Sorry for interrupting someone else's thread.

Thank you!

Got less good gcse's and got into LSE lol
Original post by MJlover
Got less good gcse's and got into LSE lol

Haha really? That's reassuring then! What did you get at GCSE and A level?
Haha really? That's reassuring then! What did you get at GCSE and A level?

AS levels were AAAC and A levels were AAB.

I don't want to go into detail about my gcse's but they weren't good. I study a BA History degree at the LSE.
Original post by MJlover

I don't want to go into detail about my gcse's but they weren't good. I study a BA History degree at the LSE.

Oh ok :smile: no worries! Do you like LSE? And which accommodation were you in in first year if you don't mind me asking?
Oh ok :smile: no worries! Do you like LSE? And which accommodation were you in in first year if you don't mind me asking?

I didn't have accommodation since I liven not too far in London x
Original post by MJlover

This gives me hope :suitd:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending