The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9080
Original post by Zürich
would be lying if I said anything about him! dont think Ive seen him play

But the reality is that 90% of these kids will end up at Brentford, Ulche and Trievo.

Were not Chelsea, we give youth a good wack at it before the heave-hoe. Bellerin etc in a good place

Yeah, true. I did have really high hopes for Gnabry though

Original post by sevchenko
(srs question) Have you ever given thought to how Klopp's tactics will ultimately lead to to decimation of your squad through injuries? I'd like to see how enthusiastically Liverpool players are pressing after the Christmas period tbh.

I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't thought about it considering how a lot of our best players are injury prone. However Klopp made it work at Dortmund and I'm sure he can make it work here. I know the Premier League is perhaps more intense than the Bundesliga but I'm confident he can still do a better job than Rodgers.

It would be harsh to seriously assess him before January or even next season. You can't underestimate how difficult it is to come in to a club mid-season who are already playing badly and being expected to instantly make things better.

Klopp is a very different manager to Rodgers so it will take time for him to change the mindset of his current players and replace some if necessary.
Original post by alex5134
x

I personally agree with Gary Neville's pov that you've put Klopp on a pedestal, he got alot to prove imo. I agree he needs time before he can be judged but it wasn't Klopp would you be so liberal with the time he's allowed?
Original post by sr90
Playing well against irrelevant mid table teams is his speciality.

Still, I suppose it's better than Hazard and Fabregas, who are the definition of fraud. Especially Cesc.

I wanted to quote this and laugh but then I realised how utterly terrible the other 17 sides in the league are. We won't win it as a long term injury to De Gea, Smalling, Schneiderlin or Martial would end our season, and i'd rather see Arsenal do it than City.

4th is completely up for grabs this year. Anyone's guess who gets it.

Come on, UTD aren't THAT bad.
Lineup for Sheffield Tuesday?
(Bench will most likely include Bielik, Iwobi and Kamara; Macey will start unless Ospina miraculously recovers)
Original post by alex5134
If Cech and/or Sanchez got injured you'd fall to pieces.

Not like we carried our selves this calendar year with Sanchez's dry spell, and Ospina being our 1st choice keeper for the majority of last season...

Sometimes I do question whether you actually watch football.
^ Line up for Tuesday

Poom
Traore Djourou Squillaci Eboue
Lupoli Denilson Diaby Gervinho
Sanogo Bendtner
Original post by sr90
Playing well against irrelevant mid table teams is his speciality.

Still, I suppose it's better than Hazard and Fabregas, who are the definition of fraud. Especially Cesc.

I wanted to quote this and laugh but then I realised how utterly terrible the other 17 sides in the league are. We won't win it as a long term injury to De Gea, Smalling, Schneiderlin or Martial would end our season, and i'd rather see Arsenal do it than City.

4th is completely up for grabs this year. Anyone's guess who gets it.

Completely agree, not sure why but I do think United are capable if a few results go their way, the Manchester derby is currently the biggest/most entertaining derby in England and a result like the 4-2 last season could really get you lot fired up. You don't have a great squad and it is quite thin but like you said the rest of the prem is genuinely bad, anything can happen.
Original post by AR_95
Not like we carried our selves this calendar year with Sanchez's dry spell, and Ospina being our 1st choice keeper for the majority of last season...

Sometimes I do question whether you actually watch football.

Yeah this pretty much.

This year it's clear that Arsenal have been the real deal, it's different to 13/14 because you actually have a system that looks like it can beat every team.
Original post by jam277
Yeah this pretty much.

This year it's clear that Arsenal have been the real deal, it's different to 13/14 because you actually have a system that looks like it can beat every team.

Yeah, got a good feeling that we'd beat City tbh
Reply 9090
Think next week will be a really good test for us. Swansea away has been such a bogey fixture for us recently, so it'll be interesting to see if we can win there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9091
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
^ Line up for Tuesday

Poom
Sanogo Bendtner

What, Djourou over Silvestre? Are you mad? Do you even watch football? How did you miss man like Mikael out..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9092
God I remember seeing him in our line up used to upset me before the game had even started. Convinced he was an undercover agent from United at heart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Think next week will be a really good test for us. Swansea away has been such a bogey fixture for us recently, so it'll be interesting to see if we can win there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure our and their form leading up to the match determines who wins, I mean apart from the most recent match our losses were because we were on a bad run and they were on a good run (in their terms)
Didn't we just beat Bayern on Tuesday with Sanchez being the worst player on the pitch?

The big problem would be if BOTH ozil and Cazorla got injured, or one got injured while the other was off form. Not sure scrappy doo and Rambo would be up for the challenge in the middle
Wilshere would be perfect for that wing role imo
Ox proving again that he's ****e.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
^ Line up for Tuesday

Poom
Sanogo Bendtner

Gervinho doesn't really deserve to be there tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Ox proving again that he's ****e.

Kid is either going to end up great or at Crystal Palace. We have no room in the team for below par players.
Reply 9099
Thinking ahead, we really need to look to find a LB because if Monreal gets injured, or if he has a dip in his form.. we're ****ed on the left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest