The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayquaza17
I've changed to the three year course now, officially graduating in July... :redface:

What made you do the switch?
okay so the boy has gone up to hull to collect his new car so I've had a super productive day so far!

I've started drafting my MEBAM enzyme report (1000 words) I've done 300, just have to work out how to make the mechanism more concise+ I'll sort out my PyMol images on Tuesday :h:

I've more of less done my formative summary for my cancer biology module- presentation on the same paper tuesday so I'm feeling happy about it!

One of my friends said he'd help me with the news and views coursework as I'm not completely certain about it.

I know what I need to research for my RP proposal so that is my plan for wednesday along with the N+V before my friend drags me away from the library for coffee cake and a gossip for my birthday :smile:
Original post by Slowbro93
What made you do the switch?

I'm just not enjoying maths anymore. :frown:
I'm just not enjoying maths anymore. :frown:

:frown: I know that feeling. Was is research project or third year? And a break is never a bad thing!
Original post by Slowbro93
:frown: I know that feeling. Was is research project or third year? And a break is never a bad thing!

I didn't really enjoy my project and it's causing me to hate third year.

Yeah, like I was thinking about it and I did 2 years of a levels and now I'm in 3rd year of uni so that's 5 years of maths!

How is the PhD going? :smile:
Studying is not going well at all:frown:
Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't really enjoy my project and it's causing me to hate third year.

Yeah, like I was thinking about it and I did 2 years of a levels and now I'm in 3rd year of uni so that's 5 years of maths!

How is the PhD going? :smile:

Do you have to do a project in your third year? I saw the project titles for mine and switched modules instantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shorttstuff
Do you have to do a project in your third year? I saw the project titles for mine and switched modules instantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are doing a group project this semester. :sad:

Do you not have to do some sort of project to get the honours degree?
We are doing a group project this semester. :sad:

Do you not have to do some sort of project to get the honours degree?

We did a project in first year and that was it, in third year projects are only an optional module (thank god)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes I wonder how I'm meant to complete third year with all of this pain. So many days just end up wasted
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Sometimes I wonder how I'm meant to complete third year with all of this pain. So many days just end up wasted

Ohh hun! Keep strong and hang in there:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tomorrow study plan:
TOPOLOGY
-Pages 1-12 notes
-Put examples into ANKI
-Attempt homework

Also
-clarify homework deadlines
-organise scheduele
-email advisor
-go for swim
(edited 8 years ago)
Everything with the boy's mum is really distracting me at the moment and I'm still really stressed and overwhelmed with not really much of an urge to go into uni so I've emailed my adviser to set up a meeting to talk to him. Although I'm just about on top of work, in myself I just don't feel right :frown:
To do

Important: homework 1 module

Semi-important: read through solutions and add to Anki
It's Halloween! So excited for going out tonight! I feel I haven't gone out in ages-4th year workload's just so much!
:woo: first piece of coursework submitted, its formative but for some reason I feel a lot better about it all

and I've started filling out my first job application for after uni :scared:
Hey, just thought I'd give this thread a little bump because it's gone quiet. How's everyone getting on with things? :woo:

There's a dissertation thread set up for this year too which should be really helpful for everyone starting to put theirs together :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, just thought I'd give this thread a little bump because it's gone quiet. How's everyone getting on with things? :woo:

There's a dissertation thread set up for this year too which should be really helpful for everyone starting to put theirs together :biggrin:

Spoke to my lecturer as the boys mum has rapidly deteriorated and has been taken off life extending drugs so have gone home for a few weeks so have extensions on all pieces of coursework for the meanwhile :frown:

Feeling a bit lost :erm:
It's reading week for me and unfortunately Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 have kept me a bit too preoccupied. I'm gonna draw up a study timetable for the next few days since I have quite a few essays to hand in over the next few weeks. :work:
Original post by lilGem
Spoke to my lecturer as the boys mum has rapidly deteriorated and has been taken off life extending drugs so have gone home for a few weeks so have extensions on all pieces of coursework for the meanwhile :frown:

Feeling a bit lost :erm:

:frown: So sorry to hear that :hugs: That is very sad news, really difficult for everyone.

How are you holding up? Have you spoken to anyone at uni about what's going on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending