The Student Room Group

PS Help :(

Hello, I want to talk about how I like product design in my PS because I got a GCSE in this but I got a bad grade in my AS year so I don't know if I should bring it up or not in case they ask me about the bad grade if I get an interview? What would they even ask?!?!

I'm applying for engineering.

Thank you!
They will see your qualifications elsewhere in your application. I would focus on stuff from A Level onwards, rather than focus on GCSE. You should ask your referee to talk about your grades, and focus on why engineering interests you :smile:
As above - don't draw attention to poor grades/achievements, concentrate on the good stuff.

PS.About 2/3rds of your PS should be about 'Why I want to do Engineering' with examples from your life that show this, preferably beyond just school work.
Has anyone gone for a college interview? what kind of questions were u asked pls??
Talk about creativity and applying it in product design to show you have the aptitude for design.
I am just worried that they will see me as a liar when I say I like product design if I got a horrible grade. I don't know how I can prove that I do like designing stuff. I haven't done any since AS. The grade demotivated me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well can you talk about your interest in engineering in other ways?
Original post by *Interrobang*
Well can you talk about your interest in engineering in other ways?

Yes I do but I want to add the designing part to make it look better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Yes I do but I want to add the designing part to make it look better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there's nothing stopping you mentioning a subject that you got a bad grade in, but the best interests are always beyond the applicant's A Level subjects
Thank you anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending