The Student Room Group

pros and cons of adding a med book for my ps

i have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure because i have already read this book on genetics/ advancements in med
should i read one that is about the daily life of a junior doctor
Reply 1
Original post by thesun123
i have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure because i have already read this book on genetics/ advancements in med

Read it for your own pleasure or interest. It will make no difference to your PS (do these even get so much as a cursory read nowadays?).
Reply 2
Original post by thesun123

Have a look at the selection processes for different medical schools. Many, in fact probably the majority, dont look at the PS at the selection for interview stage, some will look at it in advance of interview (so be prepared to talk about anything you write in it).

However, those that do look at the PS are looking for often very specific things. So it depends where you are applying, what do they say in their policy?

Beyond that, most med schools through their total selection process are looking for an understanding of medicine, and some reflection on what it means for you, and what you have learned from what you have done. In that context a book about the life of a doctor may be helpful. But there are a few on that kind of topic and some are very overdone, in my view.

Agree with Democracy, read for interest and reflection. Not specidically for PS.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending