The Student Room Group

2016 Aerospace Engineering Applicants

Hey there!

I have applied to do Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering at Brunel, Leicester, City University London, Brighton and Hertfordshire.
A Levels: Maths, Physics, Biology with grades BCC respectively.

Just wondering what other potential aerospace engineering students are currently studying and where they will be applying.

Scroll to see replies

Cambridge, UCL for Mech, Bristol, Bath and Imperial here :smile: Good luck to all!
Reply 2
I also applied to aerospace engineering, i got BBB in AS-Level. My subjects are Maths , Physics & ICT. Im predicted AAA .
I choice; Bath, Surrey , Queens Mary, Brunel , Hertfordshire.

Im leaning towards Surrey .

Any advice in chances of getting offers, and from which ones ??
Also which is the best for aerospace engineering??
Reply 3
Applied for Sheffield, Leeds, Bristol, Southampton and Loughborough. Studying Maths, Physics and FM and I am predicted A*A*A in that order, after getting aab at AS.

Offers from Sheffield and Southampton in the bag, with interviews at Leeds and Loughborough. No word from Bristol as of yet!

Good luck everybody

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by abdi96xd
I also applied to aerospace engineering, i got BBB in AS-Level. My subjects are Maths , Physics & ICT. Im predicted AAA .
I choice; Bath, Surrey , Queens Mary, Brunel , Hertfordshire.

Im leaning towards Surrey .

Any advice in chances of getting offers, and from which ones ??
Also which is the best for aerospace engineering??

Of the places you chose, Bath is best. The consensus is that Imperial and Cambridge are the best overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeusss
Applied for Sheffield, Leeds, Bristol, Southampton and Loughborough. Studying Maths, Physics and FM and I am predicted A*A*A in that order, after getting aab at AS.Offers from Sheffield and Southampton in the bag, with interviews at Leeds and Loughborough. No word from Bristol as of yet!Good luck everybodyPosted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently studying aerospace at Southampton. It's good that you have an offer, its a great university for aerospace.
Reply 6
Original post by zeusss
Of the places you chose, Bath is best. The consensus is that Imperial and Cambridge are the best overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats your thoughts about Surrey?
I have also applied Aerospace at Imperial, Cambridge, Manchester, Durham and Sheffield! I got 5A's in A' s and my predictions are A*A*A*A. Imperial is my aspirational university :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Reply 8
Whats your thoughts about Surrey?

I went to the open day and it was really nice but too close to home for me, wanted to get away from London else I might've applied there and Imperial. Also felt they asked for higher grades than they ought to.. it's like a more handsome Loughborough to me. What do you think?
Reply 9
Original post by zeusss
I went to the open day and it was really nice but too close to home for me, wanted to get away from London else I might've applied there and Imperial. Also felt they asked for higher grades than they ought to.. it's like a more handsome Loughborough to me. What do you think?

I live in West London, and still plan to move out if i go Surrey. But yh i do agree they ask for higher grades than they probably should...but that the way to attract better students.
What Universities you applied for?? and how was your AS/AS Predictions
Reply 10
I live in West London, and still plan to move out if i go Surrey. But yh i do agree they ask for higher grades than they probably should...but that the way to attract better students.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60286339
2016 Aerospace Engineering Applicants
Does anyone know what an interview at Loughborough will be like? What sort of questions will they ask?

I've got offers from Bristol, Surrey, Swansea, Southampton and an interview from Loughborough :smile:
Reply 12
Applying to: Bath, Southampton, Surrey, Liverpool, Leicester...have offers from all except Bath at the moment (MEng)
AAAB at AS (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology respectively)...dropped bio and predicted A*AA for A2.

I've applied to Surrey and they dipped the offer to AAA, and if I don't make those grades, they will offer place on BEng course.
Applying to Bristol, UWE, Surrey, Nottingham and Southampton. Have two offers as of right now, an AAB at Soutampton and a C in Maths from UWE. (BEng)

Got BBBD at AS in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Philosophy respectively.

Good luck everyone!
Anyone been to a visit day yet?
Reply 15
Original post by Pilotgal
Anyone been to a visit day yet?

Yeah, went to Leeds yesterday! course might be too general for me since I'm 100% about aero

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for aerospace/aeronautical engineering at Loughborough, Leicester, Coventry, Sheffield Hallam, and Hertfordshire. i Have received an offer from Sheffield Hallam already. Has anyone else applied to these?
I am also applying for aerospace engineering. I got ABBB for AS in Maths, Physics, economics and electronics and my predicted grades are A*AA. I am applying to Surrey, Loughborough, Southampton, Nottingham, Brunel
Original post by saqib2679
I am also applying for aerospace engineering. I got ABBB for AS in Maths, Physics, economics and electronics and my predicted grades are A*AA. I am applying to Surrey, Loughborough, Southampton, Nottingham, Brunel

Any offers yet?
Anyone got offers from Southampton yet?

Quick Reply

Latest