The Student Room Group

I don't understand why people hate Hunters?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enaayrah
Difference being that lions kill to feed themselves, and while humans did once hunt to feed themselves too, hunting now is pretty unnecessary.

So it is ok to kill farm animals then?

Original post by ForgetMe
I do care, that's why I don't turn into hunting. I'd only turn into hunting if there's was a threat to myself or my family as like for everyone else, my priority is my own safety and my family's. However, if an animal doesn't pose any danger to me, I would not go and kill it for fun.

You have already said it is ok to hunt in order to cull. So you don't care about the animals unless it is done for fun.
Original post by DiddyDec
So it is ok to kill farm animals then?

You have already said it is ok to hunt in order to cull. So you don't care about the animals unless it is done for fun.

I feel like I'm speaking to a wall.
Original post by enaayrah
Difference being that lions kill to feed themselves, and while humans did once hunt to feed themselves too, hunting now is pretty unnecessary.

Killing animals as a source of food now is pretty unnecessary.
I don't mind hunting in itself, especially if it's necessary to control the animal population, or you eat the animal, or otherwise do something useful with the carcass. I just don't like the idea of people enjoying killing things.
Once most of the endangered animals are extinct, I think it is best for them, humans only know how to cause suffering, it's better the innocent animals have the chance to leave this world than stay with humans who no doubt will find someway to destroy themselves
Original post by RiskVsReward
Killing animals as a source of food now is pretty unnecessary.

I agree with this. Killing animals or even just bringing them up in unpleasant conditions isn't progressive when we have plenty of other, more nutritious, choices.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I don't mind hunting in itself, especially if it's necessary to control the animal population, or you eat the animal, or otherwise do something useful with the carcass. I just don't like the idea of people enjoying killing things.

So do you agree with controlling the human population by hunting? Humans are growing more unsustainably than any other species on earth, or does your rule only apply to non-humans?
This is the feeling of being a true animal like our anicent ancestors. kill or be killed.

Pretty sure our ancient ancestors didn't have high powered rifles.

Take on an elephant with a stone spear and you can claim to feel like our ancient ancestors.
Original post by Gears265
So do you agree with controlling the human population by hunting? Humans are growing more unsustainably than any other species on earth, or does your rule only apply to non-humans?

What do you think?

Why are you scared of humans killing? This is an age old concept and 100 of millions have been killed by other humans directly or by proxy but none the less killed by other humans.

Once most of the endangered animals are extinct, I think it is best for them, humans only know how to cause suffering, it's better the innocent animals have the chance to leave this world than stay with humans who no doubt will find someway to destroy themselves

Animals aren't innocent. What makes you think so?

Original post by justinetsr
I agree with this. Killing animals or even just bringing them up in unpleasant conditions isn't progressive when we have plenty of other, more nutritious, choices.

It's hard for many people to actually agree even by not doing anything about it and still eating meat, it becomes more truthfulness and less that we are morally perfect.
Original post by Gwilym101
Pretty sure our ancient ancestors didn't have high powered rifles.

Take on an elephant with a stone spear and you can claim to feel like our ancient ancestors.

Where did I mention high powered rifles? I didn't even say elephants.
You can hunt down many things with basic tools.

Also we are more evolved, we have developed firearms.
That's like saying you should sleep on the floor because our ancestors did...
It's hard for many people to actually agree even by not doing anything about it and still eating meat, it becomes more truthfulness and less that we are morally perfect.

Did you write that backwards or something?
Why are you scared of humans killing? This is an age old concept and 100 of millions have been killed by other humans directly or by proxy but none the less killed by other humans.

It's not scary, it's just gratuitous. It's killing for the sake of killing. I find that concept horrible.

I even understand that it can be beneficial at times, such as to keep up animal populations in Africa (foreign hunters pay and incentivise the upkeep of populations etc). I just don't like the people who do it.

edit: oh, by other humans.

To be honest this is a silly edgelord question that doesn't merit an answer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
LOL
What do you think?

I think hypocrisy is strong with you

Animals aren't innocent. What makes you think so?

Animals don't have political, economic, power hungry, vengeful motives unlike humans. They act simply on instinct, instinct to survive. They don't live to start wars or invade or push religion/ideologies onto other beings. They do what they do as a result of natural instinct and behaviour. Therefore whether you agree with what they do or not (which in all cases is a minute fraction of the barbarism humans have been found guilty of over the years), they are innocent because they do what they consider is the natural way of things. You could tell a human it is wrong to rape a child, to kill masses, to torture, to act immoral and still they will do so because even though they understand what they should not do, they possess the capability to act evil. Therefore animals other than humans are innocent.
Original post by justinetsr
Did you write that backwards or something?

Lol sorry. My point was admitting to it is better than just pretending this doesn't exist.
I think hypocrisy is strong with you

The parallel you're seeking to draw is moronic. Aside from anything else, we maintain rules against killing as between ourselves, i.e. humans, because it's necessary to maintain civilised society. It's in all our interests not to live in a world where people can just kill each other. But, leaving that aside, I and pretty much everyone else simply value human life more than that of other animals. I suppose you ultimately have biology to thank for that.
Lol sorry. My point was admitting to it is better than just pretending this doesn't exist.

I think something can happen if GM vege-meat manages to recreate everything positive about actual meat.

I remember there being some story about scientists in Japan being able to recreate meat in the lab, avoiding the use of animals. If this was able to be done as cheaply then there might be a positive future for animals. Their Buddhist philosophy might actually push development more, while in Europe development might be slow.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's not scary, it's just gratuitous. It's killing for the sake of killing. I find that concept horrible.

I even understand that it can be beneficial at times, such as to keep up animal populations in Africa (foreign hunters pay and incentivise the upkeep of populations etc). I just don't like the people who do it.

Are you saying we hunt blacks?
Just me who thought this was about World of Warcraft?

I haven't even played that game in years :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest