The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Branch: Adult
Uni: Surrey, Leeds,Nottingham,Southampton (Dual field Adult and child) and East Anglia
Work experience: Volunteering at a adult and child disability centre, Hospice and also work at a restaurant (key skills).
:smile: x
Reply 541
Original post by futurechildnurse
Just had an email from myhub (Bournemouth) to give them more information! Hope that is a good sign!

Snap!! Hoping that means I haven't been rejected outright. Keeping everything crossed!!
Hi!
I'm applying for adult nursing at King's, City, LSBU, Manchester and Liverpool.. I'm still finishing off t personal statement so hopefully will have my application sent off in the next week but reading these threads are making me really nervous as it seems everyone else has applied weeks ago and is already getting interviews and selectiondays.. Getting worried here!
Original post by Kat129
Snap!! Hoping that means I haven't been rejected outright. Keeping everything crossed!!

Yeah,so do I! Never been so nervous. That's the uni I really want to go to as well!!! When I saw the email from them I did panic a bit. I believe they just wanted that information to obtain references!

Hopefully we will hear from them next week! Fingers crossed!
Did anyone else on here have an interview for University of Manchester yesterday?

I was told we would have heard something today so feeling a little panicky now :frown:
Original post by hollypopz92
Did anyone else on here have an interview for University of Manchester yesterday?

I was told we would have heard something today so feeling a little panicky now :frown:

I know the feeling! I was at Kings yesterday for the admissions test and just today have they told me I was unsuccessful. It's a good thing them taking long to reply to you, saving the best till last. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had an interview with University of Manchester yesterday for Adult Nursing and have just been given a conditional offer! Actually can't believe it! 😀
Reply 547
Original post by 2coolf2456
I know the feeling! I was at Kings yesterday for the admissions test and just today have they told me I was unsuccessful. It's a good thing them taking long to reply to you, saving the best till last. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey sorry to hear that, I was at the King's tests yesterday too but haven't heard anything yet. The tests were much harder than I thought and 20 mins wasn't very long! I know I got at least 2 wrong in the Maths though and you're only allowed 3. :/

Good luck with the rest of your choices! Here's hoping I hear something soon. Pretty sure I was unsuccessful. :frown:
Reply 548
Has anyone been offered a place for adult nursing Wolverhampton. September 2016
Original post by Lydia02
Had an interview with University of Manchester yesterday for Adult Nursing and have just been given a conditional offer! Actually can't believe it! 😀

Well done!!! :smile:

I had the interview for adult nursing also and haven't heard anything yet so it's not looking good for me unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Chash22308903
Well Done! :smile: Mine's on the 12th, when is yours?

So nervous!

Hi there, I've got interview at Teesside for Children's Nursing on 12th Nov too! :-) X
Original post by Rosie2003
Hi there, I've got interview at Teesside for Children's Nursing on 12th Nov too! :-) X

Yay! Im so nervous! Will see you there :smile:
My application was sent off today to brighton, oxford brooke's, cardiff, uni of south wales & swansea. How long did it take for you to start getting offers of interviews?
Reply 553
Hey Guys,

I've applied for Child Nursing for the second time this year and as I got rejected last year I'm really feeling the pressure this year !!

I've applied for Surrey, KCL, Kingston, Southampton and City London, already been turned down by KCL and City but got interviews for Kingston on the 27th and Southampton next week (13th). Any body else going to these selection days? Or anybody been to one recently as I'm interested in what to expect as I didn't apply to these last year?

Sorry for rambling on,

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by futurechildnurse
Yeah,so do I! Never been so nervous. That's the uni I really want to go to as well!!! When I saw the email from them I did panic a bit. I believe they just wanted that information to obtain references!

Hopefully we will hear from them next week! Fingers crossed!

Are you both applying as individuals through UCAS? I haven't received anything from Bournemouth apart from an acknowledgement. It's my first choice - I'm so nervous:redface:
Reply 555
So strange how the selection process seems to work! I've had an interview for KCL and got one for City and Southbank this month but Kingston rejected me without an interview.

Apparently Kingston do an MMI (multiple mini interview) which someone described is just like speed dating haha. Just prepare like you would for any other interview but I've read on a couple of unis that the people questioning you haven't seen your personal statement so don't assume they know all your experience etc.

Good luck! Hope this is your year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
got my interview for Keele for adult nursing! I've got all my interview invites now aswell as an offer from LJMU, chuffed😃
Reply 557
Original post by fc93
So strange how the selection process seems to work! I've had an interview for KCL and got one for City and Southbank this month but Kingston rejected me without an interview.

Apparently Kingston do an MMI (multiple mini interview) which someone described is just like speed dating haha. Just prepare like you would for any other interview but I've read on a couple of unis that the people questioning you haven't seen your personal statement so don't assume they know all your experience etc.

Good luck! Hope this is your year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it seems to be so strange, last year they looked at me but this year KCL turned me down. I feel like its just pure luck sometimes. Last year I had interviews at South Bank but the maths test wasn't the easiest and interviewed at Surrey.

Surrey was the MMI interviews and was a very scary experience ah

Good Luck !!
Original post by J.cpfcp
Hey Guys,

I've applied for Child Nursing for the second time this year and as I got rejected last year I'm really feeling the pressure this year !!

I've applied for Surrey, KCL, Kingston, Southampton and City London, already been turned down by KCL and City but got interviews for Kingston on the 27th and Southampton next week (13th). Any body else going to these selection days? Or anybody been to one recently as I'm interested in what to expect as I didn't apply to these last year?

Sorry for rambling on,

Good Luck :smile:

Well done on getting interviews! How long ago did you apply? 😊😊
Reply 559
Original post by Madmaddy123
Well done on getting interviews! How long ago did you apply? 😊😊

Thank you :smile:

I applied just under 2 weeks ago, have you applied for Child Nursing as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending