The Student Room Group

How many of you plan to tattoo your eyeballs?

Scroll to see replies

To be fair, that guy in the picture picked the best way to tattoo his eyeballs. Even if the idea is intrinsically retarded, he made the best of it by being creative.
Original post by nverjvlev
I would actually rather die than let someone put a needle that close to my eyeball

Even if you had something like a cataract, which would eventually make you go blind? (Obvs it's nerve-wracking, but would you not go through with it?)

You'd be surprised at the skill of the doctors.

This is what they'd do:
- put eye drops in your eye, which would freeze it and numb it (don't feel a thing)
- they'd use a syringe to inject your eye with an anaesthetic
- when they get a thing to keep open your eye lids, you won't even realise that it's happened (you're conscious, and can see out of eyeball whilst operation is happening)
- get a scalpel and slice into eye, a bit to the side
- use ultrasound to break up cataract
- get a vacuum to suck out cataract bits
- replace lens with a plastic one
then you get a see-through eye batch to wear, and have to place eye drops in your eye like 3 times a day, which are antibiotics, to avoid infection and allow it to heal

(p.s. I don't have it, but I knew someone who has. Soz if there are any mistakes in the process or explanation people.)
oh my gosh, that had to hurt so badly. eek! I have been thinking about getting a tattoo (I have none currently) but not in my eye. lol ^_^
Reply 23
Original post by XcitingStuart
Even if you had something like a cataract, which would eventually make you go blind? (Obvs it's nerve-wracking, but would you not go through with it?)

You'd be surprised at the skill of the doctors.

This is what they'd do:
- put eye drops in your eye, which would freeze it and numb it (don't feel a thing)
- they'd use a syringe to inject your eye with an anaesthetic
- when they get a thing to keep open your eye lids, you won't even realise that it's happened (you're conscious, and can see out of eyeball whilst operation is happening)
- get a scalpel and slice into eye, a bit to the side
- use ultrasound to break up cataract
- get a vacuum to suck out cataract bits
- replace lens with a plastic one
then you get a see-through eye batch to wear, and have to place eye drops in your eye like 3 times a day, which are antibiotics, to avoid infection and allow it to heal

(p.s. I don't have it, but I knew someone who has. Soz if there are any mistakes in the process or explanation people.)

Arrrgggghhh! :zomg:

I don't want anything done to my eyes whilst concious. Just knock me out. Don't ever discuss the procedure with me. Just, nope!
Not even in my dreams! OUCH!
Reply 25
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
i hope these tards don't enter my corner of hell

Hahahah
Original post by *Deidre*
oh my gosh, that had to hurt so badly. eek! I have been thinking about getting a tattoo (I have none currently) but not in my eye. lol ^_^

It doesn't hurt at all, at least it shouldn't do, if it does, you've probably got a serious problem.
Original post by mojojojo101
It doesn't hurt at all, at least it shouldn't do, if it does, you've probably got a serious problem.

How do you know it won't hurt? >_<
I didn't even know this was a thing!
Original post by CCC75
Arrrgggghhh! :zomg:

I don't want anything done to my eyes whilst concious. Just knock me out. Don't ever discuss the procedure with me. Just, nope!

:colone:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Would love to know how this works...
this should be in Creative Cornea

:top2:

:getmecoat:
Original post by the bear
this should be in Creative Cornea

:top2:

:getmecoat:

Joke of the year is going to you. :tongue:
Nah I'll stick to arms and thighs
Original post by *Deidre*
How do you know it won't hurt? >_<

Admittedly 2nd hand experience but no experience I have read have spoken about pain, at least in the same way a normal tattoo hurts.
Reply 35
I love tattoos but tattooing eyeballs is just ridiculous.
Reply 36
Admittedly 2nd hand experience but no experience I have read have spoken about pain, at least in the same way a normal tattoo hurts.

I cannot comprehend anyone choosing for their eyeballs to hurt in a non-medical procedure. For vanity. These people scare me a little.
Original post by CCC75
I cannot comprehend anyone choosing for their eyeballs to hurt in a non-medical procedure. For vanity. These people scare me a little.

Luckily that it really has f all to do with you then.
Reply 38
Luckily that it really has f all to do with you then.

Why so hurt about it?! I haven't made it my business. I have offered a comment about it on a comment board. And yes, I am lucky that it has nothing to do with me as I don't want anything to do with it.

A little chill wouldn't go amiss.

Ok, I see. lol
Yea, I'd just be too scared, but I'm too scared of everything. ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest