The Student Room Group

Most difficult A-Level subjects?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubisoft
Camb maths?

Cam phys nat sci :smile:
Anthropology, sociology, drama and theatre studies.

Anthropology is extremely hard, especially as there's no textbook. Only about 200 people take anthropology A level every year.
Original post by RonnieRJ

boooo :hand:

jk, very impressive :tongue:
Original post by ubisoft
Why do you feel that? Because you do it? :lol:

Law is 100% remembering. You don't have to think once.

I guess but there's just so much to learn! All those concepts, Acts and case studies.
I did it at A level and it was the thing I revised the most. All the other subjects I kinda just winged but this one I had to really try for.
Nobody in my A2 left with an A*-A - it was the worst set of exam results in the whole sixth form.
Original post by bulkybros100
You're saying Computing, Music, German, French, sciences and general studies are all harder than Maths??????

Hahahahahha

Maths is arguably the hardest A-level out there. The amount of practice you have to do, let alone the difficult questions that come up in the exam!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? There are 2 other maths A-levels that are unarguably harder than straight maths and also statistics which most will find harder than straight maths. And that's just maths A-levels. Depending on how you think, at least one of chemistry and biology is likely to be harder, possibly physics too.

chemistry(hardest)
biology
AFM(only took to AS)
physics
further maths
maths
(edited 8 years ago)
Physics (maths could go here)
Maths
Further maths
Chemistry (so harrrrd)
Original post by ubisoft
boooo :hand:

jk, very impressive :tongue:

Thank you ahah :tongue:
Original post by morgan8002
Seriously? There are 2 other maths A-levels that are unarguably harder than straight maths and also statistics which most will find harder than straight maths. And that's just maths A-levels. Depending on how you think, at least one of chemistry and biology is likely to be harder, possibly physics too.

chemistry(hardest)
biology
AFM(only took to AS)
physics
further maths
maths

How many A-Levels did you do? O.o
Original post by Kai Diawara
Physics (maths could go here)
Maths
Further maths
Chemistry (so harrrrd)

It's the complete opposite for me.. 😛
Original post by ubisoft
M5 is absolutely brutul. Definitely the hardest exam in all of A-levels.

you doing all of the mechanics modules, are you a masochist or something!!!??
Original post by RonnieRJ

I read your post on Cambridge or Oxford a few days back. Your stats are really impressive I must say! 👍
(both are easiest to hardest)

Content wise:
Maths, Politics, History and Biology

Exam wise:
Maths, Biology, History and Politics
MATHS😭😭😭
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123456789012
How many A-Levels did you do? O.o

5 and a half, plus STEP.
Nah lol, just up till M3. Going over M4/5 by myself just to prepare myself for STEP

You?
Original post by 123456789012
I've heard that the coursework is pretty intense in Music, and then you have the performance aspect as well. Can't really compare it with Economics though as I don't know anything about it.

I do music A2 and want to study it at uni and the coursework at A-level is really difficult. There's essay writing, performing, composing, analysing- the list goes on! Everything is so different and difficult in its own way. Definitely not a cop out!

Economics is also difficult and its not what I thought it would be. There are the same amount of essays compared music (but not compared to history or english for example). I prefer music because theres more of a range of areas to study which makes it harder, though with economics theres the combination of maths and essay skills which is also difficult.
Original post by morgan8002
5 and a half, plus STEP.

I remember you helping me in the FP4 thread last year :lol: Impressive results, man
Original post by ubisoft
Nah lol, just up till M3. Going over M4/5 by myself just to prepare myself for STEP

You?

i'm doing C1,C2,C3,C4,S1,S2 in one year to get a whole AL in Maths since I want to do Computer Science at university. My college doesn't let people do mechanics in the first year of further maths because it's apparently quite difficult.
I'm a essay type of guy so I liked History and English but it's a lot of work. Depends how your mind works, for some Maths would probably be easy but I needed tutoring at GCSE Level, lol.
Well, that's *******s. I did M1 and M2 at AS and got 100 and 98 ums respectively.

Quick Reply

Latest