The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's those ****ing benefit claimants scroungers that ruin this once great country.
Original post by Inexorably
The weather was a general comment aimed at the entire thread, as I'd seen some people complaining about it :tongue:

https://youtu.be/A0q9hn8hebw?t=3m35s

3:35 - 4:05 sums up a lot of the British accurately :tongue:

Fair dos :tongue:

That is accurate :yep:

Sexy avatar btw :sexface:
Original post by william walker
So you hate Britain then? You seem to be a self hating and have oikophobia. :smile: Typical Liberal.

I'm not Liberal and nor have I said I was :lolwut:

Can't you read?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Am I the only person here who actually loves living in Britain?

No mate. The only thing that gets me down is the weather, if we had more warm, sunny weather then it'd be the best place in the world imo.

I think people who say they hate living here often don't realise how good they've got it.
Original post by Wilfred Little
No mate. The only thing that gets me down is the weather, if we had more warm, sunny weather then it'd be the best place in the world imo.

I think people who say they hate living here often don't realise how good they've got it.

I'm well aware all the people coming from poverty stricken Eastern European countries etc. are much better off moving to the UK. This is mostly about culture though :biggrin:
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
That sounds great, wish Christmas was more like that!! :biggrin:

Can't women go to the mosque if you don't mind asking? I know at most mosques my Muslim friends have been to they go to the Eid prayer (obviously it is separate for women and men...) Afterwards go to a theme park with family instead of staying at home maybe? My Pakistani friends used to go to London zoo every year

dunno... it really depends on that space they have in the mosque coz in here (where i live) have linited amount of space and i dunni if they have seperate arrangements... i never went to mosque here coz it is not essential for the women to attend mosque and pray there but its not forbidden too but men have to attend prayers in mosques
i used to go mosque in Pakistan and pray there- spend nights in mosques with cousins "praying" :biggrin: and having a little snack party
I'm well aware all the people coming from poverty stricken Eastern European countries etc. are much better off moving to the UK. This is mostly about culture though :biggrin:

The culture is excellent.
I'm not Liberal and nor have I said I was :lolwut:

Can't you read?

Yes you are. You don't support the Monarchy, Church of England and Aristocracy having power. You have a problems with tradition. You are a Liberal. I am a High Tory.
Original post by fatima1998
dunno... it really depends on that space they have in the mosque coz in here (where i live) have linited amount of space and i dunni if they have seperate arrangements... i never went to mosque here coz it is not essential for the women to attend mosque and pray there but its not forbidden too but men have to attend prayers in mosques
i used to go mosque in Pakistan and pray there- spend nights in mosques with cousins "praying" :biggrin: and having a little snack party

Could you maybe find a mosque to go to that does allow women in? Thats how some of my friends did it and then they met up with their dads/brothers afterwards :smile:

That sounds fun :biggrin: Pakistani families always seem really close its great

@Wilfred Little In your opinion, I disagree
Original post by william walker
Yes you are. You don't support the Monarchy, Church of England and Aristocracy having power. You have a problems with tradition. You are a Liberal. I am a High Tory.

Nice English.

I can see why you get flamed by most of TSR (been lurking for awhile).

Do one, I'm not interested in stupid trolls. You have issues. :yawn: *adds to ignore list*
Reply 50
Original post by DedicatedWizard
I couldn't agree with you more :smile:

Kindred soul :biggrin:
Reply 51
Where are you from? :smile: and @DedicatedWizard

we are less friendly in this country I have travelled a lot

I am from Greece dear :smile:
Nice English.

I can see why you get flamed by most of TSR (been lurking for awhile).

Do one, I'm not interested in stupid trolls. You have issues. :yawn: *adds to ignore list*

I see.

Not really, I did a typo.

I get flamed because they disagree with me. All the better people and one superior person likes me. Obviously you are not once of them.

You mean go away. I am not stupid or a troll. I know I have issues with Liberalism.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by driftawaay
The UK is objectively speaking, one of the best places to live in the world. Most people in the world would sell their grandmother to live here. There is a reason immigrants flock here. I can assure you OP that this is very much a case of the grass is greener on the other side on your part. Everyone loves to moan about the problems of the wealthy, first world country they live in.

Oh yes, and for God's sake, of all people, you the British people should be proud of yourselves. Even if your country was worse. It has become the fashion nowadays to complain about your country without fully fathoming how great it is, if not for anything else, just for being the place you are from!
Original post by driftawaay
The UK is objectively speaking, one of the best places to live in the world. Most people in the world would sell their grandmother to live here. There is a reason immigrants flock here. I can assure you OP that this is very much a case of the grass is greener on the other side on your part. Everyone loves to moan about the problems of the wealthy, first world country they live in.

:rofl2: That is something Asians would say.
Original post by kx5
Oh yes, and for God's sake, of all people, you the British people should be proud of yourselves. Even if your country was worse. It has become the fashion nowadays to complain about your country without fully fathoming how great it is, if not for anything else, just for being the place you are from!

I'll complain if I want to :smug:
Original post by MangoCrazy
:rofl2: That is something Asians would say.

I'm European :h:
Could you maybe find a mosque to go to that does allow women in? Thats how some of my friends did it and then they met up with their dads/brothers afterwards :smile:

That sounds fun :biggrin: Pakistani families always seem really close its great

@Wilfred Little In your opinion, I disagree

i dunno really.... they might allow women too but i never checked coz i am not curious
people here like to be with british friends more to adapt their culture

they have mosques here thats a big thing really- there are 2 mosques in my place i think
n what as that opinion and disagree?
I'll complain if I want to :smug:

That's very British of you!
Original post by fatima1998
i dunno really.... they might allow women too but i never checked coz i am not curious
people here like to be with british friends more to adapt their culture

they have mosques here thats a big thing really- there are 2 mosques in my place i think
n what as that opinion and disagree?

They definitely do in a lot of mosques unless they are too small and then the guys only go because it's compulsory like you said :smile: My Pakistani friends used to go to other activities at the mosque too they had stuff on for girls in Manchester

With his opinion that our culture's excellent.

Latest