The Student Room Group

New shoes - opinions

I got some new shoes today and was just wondering what your opinions are of them!

(Peeps who commented on my what shoes should I get thread, I'm still getting the ones I suggested but for my birthday on Monday!)

http://i64.tinypic.com/35005xf.jpg (The link because TSR didn't let me attach a pic)

@CoolCavy @ravioliyears @Imperion @~Seraphina~ @aamirac

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't be seen dead in cheap and tacky shoes such as those :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Most Competitive
I wouldn't be seen dead in cheap and tacky shoes such as those :colonhash:

What makes them tacky? And they weren't exactly £20...
(edited 8 years ago)
Are they comfy? Can you walk in them? Are they durable?

If yes to all 3 then they are probably good shoes. They look okay as well as long as you don't go to the gym wearing them.
They are nice as long as you compliment them with the right outfite :smile:
They're pretty nice :smile: I like the stitching on the side which is a different color - makes it stand out!!

Nice choice :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by SuperHuman98
They are nice as long as you compliment them with the right outfite :smile:

I usually wear shirts and black jeans? Would you say they compliment each other?
threy look really smart and personally i like them
Original post by jamestg
I got some new shoes today and was just wondering what your opinions are of them!

(Peeps who commented on my what shoes should I get thread, I'm still getting the ones I suggested but for my birthday on Monday!)

http://i64.tinypic.com/35005xf.jpg (The link because TSR didn't let me attach a pic)

Aye, looking good, so long as you're comfortable in them. I'm not a stylist but they can pretty much go with almost anything, again I'm not a stylist :tongue:
there a bit boring lol xxx
Original post by jamestg
I usually wear shirts and black jeans? Would you say they compliment each other?

yes
Reply 11
Original post by sportykitty
there a bit boring lol xxx

Lol I get you, I'm just not much of a fan of anything "out there" if you get me?
Original post by jamestg
What makes them tacky?

Just look at them.

Third-rate brands like New Look can't do any better than that.
Just look at them.

lol all brands are just made in the same factory in bangladesh anyway. your the fool for paying ££££ for shoes and clothes that only differ by the logo.

@jamestg i really like them!! they look really smart and sophisticated :h:
Original post by jamestg

I like them

and as long as you like them, it shouldn't matter what others think
Reply 15
Original post by jamestg

Wait what? Do you really need strangers reassurance about your SHOES? Why?
Reply 16
Just look at them.

Since when were complete real leather shoes and new look third rate :s-smilie:

What would you recommend then? (That is practical for parents buying)
Reply 17
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
I like them

and as long as you like them, it shouldn't matter what others think

Original post by Ciel.
Wait what? Do you really need strangers reassurance about your SHOES? Why?

I never said strangers' opinions would make a difference, I bought them (well technically my mum) because I like them. I'm just interested in what people's opinions are. I'm not gonna not wear them if people say they don't like them on here, after all they're my shoes.

It's simply because I'm interested in what people have to say about them that's all :h:
Reply 18
Original post by jamestg
I never said strangers' opinions would make a difference, I bought them (well technically my mum) because I like them. I'm just interested in what people's opinions are. I'm not gonna not wear them if people say they don't like them on here, after all they're my shoes.

It's simply because I'm interested in what people have to say about them that's all :h:

Just noticed your comment about them being real leather shoes. That's terrible : ( Why would you want to wear an animal's corpse on your feet?
Original post by jamestg
Since when were complete real leather shoes and new look third rate :s-smilie:

What would you recommend then? (That is practical for parents buying)

I'd say that you should at least opt for something of decent quality, for example by a brand like Russell & Bromley.

Quick Reply

Latest