The Student Room Group

Is it worth working an 8hr contract only on the weekends whilst doing my Alevels?

So I work at the moment and now its getting to a point where I want to gain other ppls opinions on whether or not its worth working whilst doing my A levels. I am a med applicant so i sent all my UCAS already, with predicteds BBB for all gateway courses and in my opinion I genuienly believe I can come out with AAA or at worst ABB, I just need to get my academic life together. My preds that got sent off were BBB but even then Ik i can come out with really good grades. If i keep this job then college and work will be my only to "Focuses" so again thats a reason for sticking with the job, but iI want to know if its worth keeping the job whilst doing A-levels or will it impact my college life a lot by everyone or even people who have been in the same shoes as me or currently are in the same shoes as me
Original post by skyler1
So I work at the moment and now its getting to a point where I want to gain other ppls opinions on whether or not its worth working whilst doing my A levels. I am a med applicant so i sent all my UCAS already, with predicteds BBB for all gateway courses and in my opinion I genuienly believe I can come out with AAA or at worst ABB, I just need to get my academic life together. My preds that got sent off were BBB but even then Ik i can come out with really good grades. If i keep this job then college and work will be my only to "Focuses" so again thats a reason for sticking with the job, but iI want to know if its worth keeping the job whilst doing A-levels or will it impact my college life a lot by everyone or even people who have been in the same shoes as me or currently are in the same shoes as me

If you are managing fine with your job at the moment, then id carry on with it.
Obviously nearer your exams, if you find it a bit much then you could always leave nearer the time. But if you are managing alright with your job then id carry on. The money will come in useful and its experience, a reference etc for later on down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending