The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Are you having difficulty putting all your text into one quote?

You've stated the obvious. We all know there are some people (not a signed any amount)out there who manipulate their religion to suit them,thanks einstein. So what's your point? And what had that go to do with the majority of Muslims? Last time I checked islamophobia is not okay. Don't justify it

Islamophobia is the intense dislike or fear of Islam, especially politicised (google the definition) thats no different to disliking any other form of idea. There's nothing wrong with it.
Original post by Bill_Gates
USA where muslims are doing quite well have some of the lowest levels of domestic terrorism. So it's clear it's an economic issue too. France has a lot of slums, racism etc.

thats because the US dont give in to the bullcrap syariah law the muslims want.

and NSA violates privacy rights by spying on everyone, while it was wrong, it did stopped many terrorist attacks.
Original post by ILovePancakes

In before I get carded - this guy is perpetuating disgustingly backwards views and essentially promoting terrorist acts as in response to Western liberal values. In my opinion, he is threatening us with further violence unless we change what it is we live for. Think about that.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper
(edited 8 years ago)
can the UK accept me as an immigrant? i am not muslim and i work hard. and i wont commit terrorist crimes.
Original post by Scrappy-coco
I agree Paris is something else. Did you see that video where a Jew walked through a muslim neighbourhood? Was like a film :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not seen it :/
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Islamophobia is the intense dislike or fear of Islam, especially politicised (google the definition) thats no different to disliking any other form of idea. There's nothing wrong with it.

Well I guess we all have different opinions on the matter!
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

Muslims refugees have been put in concentration camps and not welcomed either.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

1.) The benefits you receive has nothing to do with your religion. Utter bs.
2.) We live in a modern, western, democratic society. If you don't agree with free speech, then move to Saudi Arabia where I'm sure you'll feel more at home.
3.) So because person Y says 'Muhammad was a child abuser', that gives extremists the right to kill innocent a hundred innocent people?
4.) The solution is to just keep quiet and not speak out against Islam IN FEAR OF FURTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS? What a truly ****ed up religion you believe in.
It's not a matter of opinion, its a matter of definition which seemingly you are ignorant on.

Okay professor of Islam studies :smile:
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

Why does this never happen to Sikhs?
Have you ever just stopped and thought about why the French are getting pissed off, rather than just thinking about yourself and playing the victim card?

If you want racism, try pretty much any Arab country, the one's I'm assuming you came from, and then come back to us.

She isn't playing the victim card , also having a fear of Islam because a minority group of complete psycho's decide to commit terror attacks is understandable but the backlash isn't justified.
Original post by Sales89

The real problem is that the "West" has not declared war on the Ummah. Had there been a formal declaration of war then the position would be much clearer.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
She isn't playing the victim card , also having a fear of Islam because a minority group of complete psycho's decide to commit terror attacks is understandable but the backlash isn't justified.

Most of the people in an enemy country are not bad people. Unfortunately, in time of war, enemy nationals are usually interned because there are always a handful who, perhaps honourably, will fight for their country or belief.
Okay professor of Islam studies :smile:

You claim to have a bsc in an area that is related to that subject. Already I know and can tell you that if you only have a Bsc, I am already more qualified on the subject, and from what you have been posting, more knowledgeable it would seem
(edited 8 years ago)

I never claimed it was. I suggested empathy.
You claim to have a bsc in an area that is related to that subject. Already I know and can tell you that if you only have a Bsc, I am already more qualified on the subject, and from what you have been posting, more knowledgeable it would seem

You're upset that I'm opposing you,don't get angry now honey. I have a BSc in biomedical science,something completely unrelated to Islamic studies so I ask you at which university did you study for this Islamic studies degree?
I r8 8/8
You're upset that I'm opposing you,don't get angry now honey. I have a BSc in biomedical science,something completely unrelated to Islamic studies so I ask you at which university did you study for this Islamic studies degree?

Did a MA in it at Leeds, alongside international relations in the middle east but now I'm at Kings doing a history of warfare course, and my research topic is on Islamic military Orders - so I'm rather well versed on the links between Islam and violence.
I never claimed it was. I suggested empathy.

The World has clearly shown empathy by uniting together against this scourge , known as ISIS. But , you do realize terror attacks also occurred in Lebanon , with the similar death tolls but does anyone bat an eyelid?
Original post by Sales89
They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Citations needed?

Also, them being given the worst jobs is probably linked to their education and work experience.

Why should they be given anything? Why shouldm't they earn it?

Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser

What else would you call someone who raped a nine year old?

free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant

Not an unfair label.

free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent.

Citation needed?

Why is that something to "contend" with? I have neighbours I don't speak to.

Why should they be welcomed? Where are they meant to be put?
The World has clearly shown empathy by uniting together against this scourge , known as ISIS. But , you do realize terror attacks also occurred in Lebanon , with the similar death tolls but does anyone bat an eyelid?

He dislikes Muslims and the Middle East in general so I wouldn't expect any sympathy from him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending