The Student Room Group

How can I fund a Drama PGCE?

There is no government funding for a PGCE in Drama. I have also heard you cant get a postgarduate student loan for PGCEs. I have worked professionally on television film and in theatre acting for a number of years. I also teach privately at private institutions and after school clubs. I know you can do the school direct scheme but this qualification is not recognised outside of England.
If I am awarded a PGCE from a university with the scheme does anyone know if it will be recognised nationwide and across the commonwealth countries? Also is does anyone know if universities are providing scholorships for the arts PGCE.?
Original post by mel100
There is no government funding for a PGCE in Drama. I have also heard you cant get a postgarduate student loan for PGCEs. I have worked professionally on television film and in theatre acting for a number of years. I also teach privately at private institutions and after school clubs. I know you can do the school direct scheme but this qualification is not recognised outside of England.
If I am awarded a PGCE from a university with the scheme does anyone know if it will be recognised nationwide and across the commonwealth countries? Also is does anyone know if universities are providing scholorships for the arts PGCE.?

You can get student finance for all PGCE's
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
You can get student finance for all PGCE's

Thank you I didn't realise. I thought if I already have a degree I couldn't apply for finance.
Original post by mel100
Thank you I didn't realise. I thought if I already have a degree I couldn't apply for finance.

PGCE's are the exception to that rule.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending