The Student Room Group

Can student finance for a pgce course including government bursaries be used for visa

Hello everyone, I’m a British citizen applying to study a pgce. I have a few questions regarding funding.

1) can the student finance maintenance grant and loan alongside the government teaching bursary be used to meet the financial requirements for a spousal visa?

I’m currently married and have a child, when completing my pgce I would want my wife to be able to come and live with me.

2) how soon after applying for student finance does it take to be accepted and have confirmation of finance.

3) after being accepted for a pgce how long does it take to find out if the government bursary will be paid
Original post by Scary
Hello everyone, I’m a British citizen applying to study a pgce. I have a few questions regarding funding.

1) can the student finance maintenance grant and loan alongside the government teaching bursary be used to meet the financial requirements for a spousal visa?

I’m currently married and have a child, when completing my pgce I would want my wife to be able to come and live with me.

2) how soon after applying for student finance does it take to be accepted and have confirmation of finance.

3) after being accepted for a pgce how long does it take to find out if the government bursary will be paid

Hi there,

1) We don't have any say in regards to visas, that's something to ask the Home Office about.

2) Normally, we approve applications within 4-6 weeks of you applying.

3) What bursary are you asking about specifically, is it one from the Teaching Agency?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending