The Student Room Group

Second Degree Rules

Hi,

I hold a Foundation Degree in Engineering from my previous occupation RAF. I’m currently studying the 2nd of 6 years Part time Computer Science at Lincoln College and receiving student finance. My goal is to be a Secondary School Teacher in Computing. On my current path it will be 2029 before I get there (PT degree plus PGCE). I would like to speed this up.
Would I be eligible for student fee loan and maintenance loan if I started a Full time Computing degree with QTS ? Nottingham Trent University Course Computing and Secondary Education (QTS) I think course code is I123 institute N91.
Thank you
Original post by Bottleandtin
Hi,

I hold a Foundation Degree in Engineering from my previous occupation RAF. I’m currently studying the 2nd of 6 years Part time Computer Science at Lincoln College and receiving student finance. My goal is to be a Secondary School Teacher in Computing. On my current path it will be 2029 before I get there (PT degree plus PGCE). I would like to speed this up.
Would I be eligible for student fee loan and maintenance loan if I started a Full time Computing degree with QTS ? Nottingham Trent University Course Computing and Secondary Education (QTS) I think course code is I123 institute N91.
Thank you

Hi there,

You would only be eligible for further further if your course is a PGCE ITT course. The details you have supplied shows this course isn't a PGCE ITT course so wouldn't be eligible for finance.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

You would only be eligible for further further if your course is a PGCE ITT course. The details you have supplied shows this course isn't a PGCE ITT course so wouldn't be eligible for finance.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you for your reply.
On the above Computing QTS course would I be eligible for the DFE bursary for Veterans into teaching. £40k (£20k last 2 years)
If I self funded ? I can only find overviews of this bursary and not the definitive detail. Not many people seem to used it.
On the surface I would think I was eligible. I left the forces 17months ago, it would be a QTS course in computing , I am still an undergraduate (I don’t hold a first degree) who administers this bursary ? Any advice ?
Thank you for your reply.
On the above Computing QTS course would I be eligible for the DFE bursary for Veterans into teaching. £40k (£20k last 2 years)
If I self funded ? I can only find overviews of this bursary and not the definitive detail. Not many people seem to used it.
On the surface I would think I was eligible. I left the forces 17months ago, it would be a QTS course in computing , I am still an undergraduate (I don’t hold a first degree) who administers this bursary ? Any advice ?

Hi there,

It's normally the Teaching Agency that award any bursaries, so we'd suggest speaking to them about this. You can call them on 0800 389 2500.

You mentioned previously receiving a foundation degree, how long was that course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

It's normally the Teaching Agency that award any bursaries, so we'd suggest speaking to them about this. You can call them on 0800 389 2500.

You mentioned previously receiving a foundation degree, how long was that course?

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you,

The foundation degree I think it took just over 2 years. The RAF funded it but I did receive DSA support through SFE for my disability. I have used student finance as well when I was a lot younger.
Thank you,

The foundation degree I think it took just over 2 years. The RAF funded it but I did receive DSA support through SFE for my disability. I have used student finance as well when I was a lot younger.

Thanks. As we can't access accounts on this platform, if you can call us on 0300 100 0607 we can look into this further and determine your eligibility. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending