The Student Room Group

Financing a PGCE course after dropping out of a pre registration course

Hi!
I started a pre registration course in physiotherapy but realised that this wasn’t for me and dropped out after the first couple of weeks. I want to apply for pgce courses to become a primary school teacher but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get funding after dropping out of the pre registration course.

If anybody can let me know if I’ll be eligible for a loan for a pgce I’d greatly appreciate it!
Original post by Nathan.Coley
Hi!
I started a pre registration course in physiotherapy but realised that this wasn’t for me and dropped out after the first couple of weeks. I want to apply for pgce courses to become a primary school teacher but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get funding after dropping out of the pre registration course.

If anybody can let me know if I’ll be eligible for a loan for a pgce I’d greatly appreciate it!

Hi Nathan,

Yes, you will be eligible if you don't already hold a QTS and the PGCE course leads to a QTS, as this is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. You apply for undergraduate funding for a PGCE course via your online account.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending