The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
The crumble begins..

Smh expected better from you tom. City just got bent over and ****ed by ****ing firmino no one looks decent atm. And united won due to an ex con wanting to get caught with his pants down with all his ex cellmates around to remind of old times in the prison showers ffs.
As prod has put on the last page fixture wise next week we will definitely be gaining ground on a large number of the rest of the top 6 if we win.
Gonna put my balls on the line right now and at we'll be top at Christmas

Original post by sr90
Anyone who says that is an idiot. Go look at the injuries City, United and Liverpool have had.

Arsenal fans are very self absorbed and think only their team gets injuries.

Exactly this, we had 2 starters missing yesterday it was just a shockingly poor performance.
Let's be real here would you rather have 4 injuries in one position meaning you start Campbell, or your entire back 4 out like city had at the start of the season.

That being said we need Ramsey Walcott and Wilshere back asap, i mean let's be serious a midfield 3 of Artrta Santi and Ozil is always getting raped in a physical battle.
If Flamini gets injured vs Zagreb we'll have no DM and end up playing with a huge gap between defence and attack i.e. asking to lose game after game...
Original post by shawn_o1
If Flamini gets injured vs Zagreb we'll have no DM and end up playing with a huge gap between defence and attack i.e. asking to lose game after game...

Mate chill, we have that polish builder teenager you have a bigger #obsession with than sheddy does with arsenal?
Original post by leinad2012
Exactly this, we had 2 starters missing yesterday it was just a shockingly poor performance.
Let's be real here would you rather have 4 injuries in one position meaning you start Campbell, or your entire back 4 out like city had at the start of the season.

That being said we need Ramsey Walcott and Wilshere back asap, i mean let's be serious a midfield 3 of Artrta Santi and Ozil is always getting raped in a physical battle.

We have 1 full back for the rest of the season, and he's in such poor form he can't even get in the team.

We have 11 fit first team players at the moment, nearly an entire first choice XI out through injury. We've had to plug so many gaps with the under 21s it's a miracle we're even in the top 6 never mind 2nd.
Mate chill, we have that polish builder teenager you have a bigger #obsession with than sheddy does with arsenal?

Polish builder teenager legit made me laugh out loud.
Reply 405
Original post by Mackay
People saying injuries will cost Arsenal the league. No, no.

Wenger's lack of activity in the transfer market will cost you the league. Injuries were inevitable, and not expanding your squad was foolish.

Well this is contradicting considering Wenger's lack of activity has led to these injuries happening and weakening our side.. I've said from day one it's ****ing criminal we were the only side in Europe not to buy an outfield player. There's just no way you can justify going into the season with 1 competent DM at all.

I don't get why people are saying others are overreacting. It's not over one match, it's the fact that we're going through the exact same problem each year of not going into the season with the right/enough players.

We won't win the title this season, quote me in May.
(edited 8 years ago)
Arteta would have buried that penalty tbh. He's very **** now but you can always rely on him to put it away.
Reply 407
Original post by midnightice
Arteta would have buried that penalty tbh. He's very **** now but you can always rely on him to put it away.

Don't know that, Cazorla had a good track record of scoring penalties too, that's why it's funny.

Looks decent tbf. Would rather he plays than Arteta
Someone please tell me why Arteta is club captain? Geezer should just retire and get his coaching badges to be assistant manager for whoever's in charge when Wenger finally f*cks off.
Scenes when Arteta takes over from Wenger when he retires.
Original post by midnightice

Nah, remember that one he choked against Fulham a couple of years back?

The one where he had his head in his hands afterwards.
Reply 412
Speaking of, who will be our penalty taker when Arteta and Santi move on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Original post by SA-1
Speaking of, who will be our penalty taker when Arteta and Santi move on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alexis
Original post by AR_95
I've said from day one it's ****ing criminal we were the only side in Europe not to buy an outfield player.

I think the recruitment of Sanchez - and your strong end to the season - went some way to masking the fact that last year you actually racked up less points than in the PL the season before. You definitely should have strengthened, there's no doubt.

I still think you'll finish second.
Could have finished with more points if we didn't choke at home at the end (Swansea and Sunderland)

Can't even @me when you're being #obsessed

pu**yhole
I thought Mertesacker was your captain, shows how much I know.

If you lot don't win the title this season, you should be very annoyed, this season represents your best chance in a long time.

Chelsea crisis
City getting thumped at random periods.
Liverpool in transition
Our (United) unpredictability and inconsistency
People actually think Wenger will dip into the market in Jan, lol.

Same **** different season. We're not even capable of finishing second when the opportunity arises (see last seasons collapse) and we didn't buy a single outfield player in the summer. Frankly, it would be the biggest footballing miracle if we end up winning the league in May.

But we won't, Wenger will (hopefully) leave in 2017 and this club can finally move on. Even the captaincy has now become an absolute shambles. Arteta, Per and Cazorla, Lmfao. Three worst players at the club.
Original post by sr90
Anyone who says that is an idiot. Go look at the injuries City, United and Liverpool have had.

Arsenal fans are very self absorbed and think only their team gets injuries.

This season maybe, but we know Arsenal top the injury list almost every season so don't pretend it isn't a massive factor. That being said, there's no excuses we've had about 8 seasons of this we should have completely overhauled our medical/fitness team years ago and either stopped buying such injury prone players or have the biggest squad in the league to compensate.

Latest