The Student Room Group

Where to put dead cat?

My cat (a very, very handsome Havana Oriental) was run over this evening. Our neighbour kindly brought him over wrapped up in a towel, inside of a box. I would like to have him inside tonight. However, my parents think that it's better to have him outside in one of the sheds in the cold as the house is 'too warm.' He loved sitting by the radiator because it's so lovely and toasty and was sat there for most of today. :emog::moon:

I don't want him alone in the cold tonight.:frown: Would it be gross and disgusting if I snuck him in (wrapped up in towel inside the box - I would like to avoid touching him directly as he is a bit bloody and will be all floppy :sad:) and I have him by the radiator tonight? Only for a few hours, I could move him back outside early in the morning at about 5:30-6 before anybody notices.

Should I bring him inside or leave him outside? :moon::moon::moon:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it will STINK, i'm sorry but it's a bit disgusting and it will start decaying and stuff

just bury it in the backyard :frown:
This is the saddest thing I have ever read :cry:
So is he/she still alive ... just?
I agree: keep him/her inside for warmth/affection.
This is not a time for meanness.
He isn't going to start rotting after a few hours. It will be fine to leave him in a box inside.
You should bury him straightaway :frown:
Maybe next to

Okay I'll show myself out:getmecoat:

Also I'm sorry for your loss ;-;
(edited 8 years ago)
It will be fine. It wont start smelling/rotting that fast.

It really sucks when they get ran over :'(

One moment they are there the next they are gone.

Having them inside for a day or two lieing in what was their favorite place before burying them can be good for the morning process. Burying them knowing you will never see them again is the saddest thing ever. The last shovel that covers their face :cry:
Reply 7
I am having a huge problem correlating these facts:
1. You are very sad your cat is dead.
2. You have a pink & rainbow unicorn as your avatar.
3. You think keeping a dead cat by a radiator overnight would be sweet.
4. You are unaware of what happens when you keep a dead animal toasty warm for 12 hours.
and
5. You have an account status of "Loose morals, tight vagina."

You are a strange person.

Bury the cat tonight.
Original post by z33
it will STINK, i'm sorry but it's a bit disgusting and it will start decaying and stuff

Original post by Snufkin
He isn't going to start rotting after a few hours. It will be fine to leave him in a box inside.

Which one? The radiator isn't boiling btw :beard:
Original post by Mpagtches
This is the saddest thing I have ever read :cry:
So is he/she still alive ... just?
I agree: keep him/her inside for warmth/affection.
This is not a time for meanness.
He died :moon: He was already dead when our neighbour brought him over. :frown::frown::frown:

Original post by _ariane29
You should bury him straightaway :frown:
Mum wants to take him to vets tomorrow so he can be cremated. Our other cat was cremated and sits in a special wooden box. So that they can sit together :cry2:
Original post by Simes
4. You are unaware of what happens when you keep a dead animal toasty warm for 12 hours.
and

Bury the cat tonight.

Nothing at all remotely interesting or disgusting happens in that time period. All that will happen is the animal will go really stiff.

Have any of you lot actually had dead cats? You are being hysterical.
This is so heartbreaking :cry::cry2:
You should bury him tonight.
Reply 11
Original post by beeninetytwo

Which one? The radiator isn't boiling btw :beard:
He died :moon: He was already dead when our neighbour brought him over. :frown::frown::frown:

Mum wants to take him to vets tomorrow so he can be cremated. Our other cat was cremated and sits in a special wooden box. So that they can sit together :cry2:

my heart :frown: im sorry, if you really wanna you can keep he/she inside to say your goodbyes go for it but i'd advise to not do that but i'm sure he/she meant alot to you so yeah - keep it for a few hours then...
If there is a river nearby or a pond or lake, put your cat in, salute and wish them the best in cat heaven. :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Explorerthumb
If there is a river nearby or a pond or lake, put your cat in, salute and wish them the best in cat heaven. :frown:

Please don't pollute and poison a watercourse. It is illegal and damages the environment.
Original post by Simes
Please don't pollute and poison a watercourse. It is illegal and damages the environment.

As others have said, the body will leak out fluids pretty soon after death. The same thing happened to my cat after he died and it was not pleasant and hurt us even more to see him like that. We buried him out the garden, wrapped up in his favourite cover in a box and wrote little goodbye notes, about an hour after he died and then bought a personalised memorial plaque for his burial site.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
As others have said, the body will leak out fluids pretty soon after death. The same thing happened to my cat after he died

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is rubbish about it?
Original post by Student403
Maybe next to

Okay I'll show myself out:getmecoat:

Also I'm sorry for your loss ;-;
he loved to catch pheasants, not mice :tongue:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

It really sucks when they get ran over :'(

One moment they are there the next they are gone.

Silly cat :sad: I'd seen him run across the road only once before - he usually went out in yhe fields behind the garden. :sigh:
Original post by Simes
and

Bury the cat tonight.
I don't understand your reply.

Also hopefuly not burying the cat :top2:

Original post by Spock's Socks
As others have said, the body will leak out fluids pretty soon after death. The same thing happened to my cat after he died and it was not pleasant and hurt us even more to see him like that. We buried him out the garden, wrapped up in his favourite cover in a box and wrote little goodbye notes, about an hour after he died and then bought a personalised memorial plaque for his burial site.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I saw him he was just leaking blood :dontknow: the idea is for mum to ring up vets tomorrow and ask for him to be cremated and then we have his ashes. That's what happened with our other cat. We moved a few weeks ago and haven't been to the new vets yet so this will be our debut :cry2:

Not everyone has gone to bed and I'm tired so I won't be able to move him now anyway:moon:
i should bad..... i laughed when i read this.
anyway bury it..... why have a dead cat in the house?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest