The Student Room Group

How can I give away a kitten?

One of our neighbours dumped their heavily pregnant cats outside in the neighbourhood. Long story short, she gave birth to 4 kittens.

We have decided to keep mumma cat, and have found safe homes for 3 kittens with family members. One of the kittens however has not found a home, she is a sweet black little kitty.

We don’t have the space to keep her unfortunately. Does anyone have any recommendations on where we can give her in. Alternatively we can post her online but I’m worried that she might be taken in by people who could mistreat her.

Any advice would really be appreciated! (PS. Mumma is booked in to be spayed ASAP)
Original post by Anonymous
One of our neighbours dumped their heavily pregnant cats outside in the neighbourhood. Long story short, she gave birth to 4 kittens.

We have decided to keep mumma cat, and have found safe homes for 3 kittens with family members. One of the kittens however has not found a home, she is a sweet black little kitty.

We don’t have the space to keep her unfortunately. Does anyone have any recommendations on where we can give her in. Alternatively we can post her online but I’m worried that she might be taken in by people who could mistreat her.

Any advice would really be appreciated! (PS. Mumma is booked in to be spayed ASAP)

Aw! Kind of you to take the mum in.

Could you ask your family members if they know any cat owners looking another cat? Specifically the ones who took the other 3 kittens - If they can treat theirs well enough, they should be able to gauge how well someone they know could treat a new kitten.

I wonder would your local vets know anywhere? I hear vets are fond of adopting unowned animals themselves, so who knows? I'd ask when mumma's getting spayed.

Hoping you find somewhere for the little one!
Reply 2
Original post by heinzbeans7
Aw! Kind of you to take the mum in.

Could you ask your family members if they know any cat owners looking another cat? Specifically the ones who took the other 3 kittens - If they can treat theirs well enough, they should be able to gauge how well someone they know could treat a new kitten.

I wonder would your local vets know anywhere? I hear vets are fond of adopting unowned animals themselves, so who knows? I'd ask when mumma's getting spayed.

Hoping you find somewhere for the little one!

Thank you! I’ve asked around but not found anyone willing to take her..I was worried about asking the vets because I’m not too sure how it works and where they would keep her? The last thing I want is for her to be kept in a small cage, waiting to be adopted, but I think I’m thinking of rescues rather than a vet!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! I’ve asked around but not found anyone willing to take her..I was worried about asking the vets because I’m not too sure how it works and where they would keep her? The last thing I want is for her to be kept in a small cage, waiting to be adopted, but I think I’m thinking of rescues rather than a vet!

Ah yes, not exactly what I meant - I was mainly asking if they'd know any reputable shelters? I'd assume they'd be a good source for that information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending