The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azula
I don't understand that because how do they know if someone got a high A and a high B, compared to someone who got 2 low As?
Do they actually ask for the UMS marks or just module grades?

They ask for both separately, I believe they ask a lot more people for individual module grades and only a few get asked about UMS. They can't afford to check everyone's UMS and module grades so that's why it's a snapshot (I think).

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 101
Original post by nurav11
They ask for both separately, I believe they ask a lot more people for individual module grades and only a few get asked about UMS. They can't afford to check everyone's UMS and module grades so that's why it's a snapshot (I think).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thanks
I put my module grades down so I don't think they'll ask me, idk about ums though lol i'll wait and see
Original post by Azula
Ahh thanks
I put my module grades down so I don't think they'll ask me, idk about ums though lol i'll wait and see

Fair enough, our school recommended us not to put module grades down because it 'clogs' the system apparently but they put down UMS in the reference so idk if they'll ask me. Have they asked you for anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by nurav11
Fair enough, our school recommended us not to put module grades down because it 'clogs' the system apparently but they put down UMS in the reference so idk if they'll ask me. Have they asked you for anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's funny, my school told me to put my module grades down so it doesn't look like i'm trying to hide anything :lol:
Nope they haven't asked me for anything
They can ask for your UMS scores even if you put you module scores on UCAS/your teacher quoted some of your UMS %s on your reference - I was asked even though they had information from both of those sources (UCAS Module Grades & Referenced UMS %s)
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
They can ask for your UMS scores even if you put you module scores on UCAS/your teacher quoted some of your UMS %s on your reference - I was asked even though they had information from both of those sources (UCAS Module Grades & Referenced UMS %s)

Hmm ok, that's a bit odd. I guess they probably want some kind of centralized way of gathering information for certain applicants. Did they send you a sheet where you could fill in the scores? Btw if you don't mind me asking, what does it say under the status of your application on portico? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope ucl is not too competitive :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caoshuo
Hope ucl is not too competitive :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This made me giggle
Original post by blxckatoro
This made me giggle

Nooooooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha😂
Reply 110
Guys does anyone know what time the bmat results come out tmrw??
Original post by 16ckim
Guys does anyone know what time the bmat results come out tmrw??

Midnight today. Or you could wake up tomorrow morning and voila~
6.2 8.0 3c gg.com dunno what happened to my freaking essay?!?!?!?!?!?!?
5.4, 5.2, 3.5A just gonna have to cross my fingers and hope I presume?
Reply 114
omg i failed :frown: i'm basically giving up hope now.. idk how i screwed up so bad on the bmat :frown: :frown:
anyone know what weighting bmat has compared to a levels and personal statement?
Now that the bmat results are out, any guesses as to when interview invites Will be sent out?
Original post by shinthong123
Now that the bmat results are out, any guesses as to when interview invites Will be sent out?

First interview date is 16th December so if you're in that batch it'd be the 9th at the latest. However after that it's Jan (which is mostly every non-UK school leaver) so we could still be waiting a while yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've lost all hope of getting an interview after seeing my BMAT results...
Guys, do any of you remember the title of the question 3 essay? Since UCL use the essay as part of the interview, it'd definitely be good to try and remember what we wrote!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending