Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading - 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by AJtheconfusedcat
Yeah same, I've pretty much forgotten all of it but I havnt started preparing yet, got school mocks so will start this wekeend which is not enough time but oh well, will try my best
What subject did you do at A2 btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did chemistry, maths and biology which I got ABC in respectively. Wish I did physics instead of biology though, would have been more useful. What subjects are you doing then?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Was this ABB overall or was ABB if you had it as a firm??
Original post by Chuxie
Did chemistry, maths and biology which I got ABC in respectively. Wish I did physics instead of biology though, would have been more useful. What subjects are you doing then?

I'm doing chemistry maths and french at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for English Literature on the 17th and received a conditional offer today! :smile:
Just sent my application off for History!
My predicted grades are AAB so I'm really hoping I get an offer D:
Original post by qasim_96
Thanks :smile: I was planning on staying at home as its only 25-30 minutes walk from my house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense, yeah so I guess the only big change will be to make sure you keep up with the work and making new friends.

Hopefully I've helped a bit with your questions. Feel free to ask me anything else about university life.

Emma :smile:
2nd year Human and Physical Geographer
Reply 126
Original post by j0ydivision
Hi, I'm applying for English Literature and I am aiming to send off my application by the end of the month!

Hi, just to settle your nerves about getting in, I got BBC (even though it says you need ABB) and I've been given an unconditional to study English lit at Reading 😊 So don't worry if you miss your grades!
Reply 127
Original post by victoria1998
Just sent off my application today, I am applying for Politics and International Relations too.

Worrying because wanted this to be one of my top choices... I got BBBC at AS but continuing with BBC, so... Slightly worried.

Hey, just to calm your nerves I got BBC and needed ABB to get in, and they gave me an unconditional 😊 I'm a gap year student.
Good luck!
Original post by E2626
Hey, just to calm your nerves I got BBC and needed ABB to get in, and they gave me an unconditional 😊 I'm a gap year student.
Good luck!

Were BBC your predicted grades or your AS grades?
Anyone got an offer for Geography? Ideally human, was offer BBB or ABB?! Anxious to get a response!
Original post by ElBally
I sent my application off to do Building Surveying at Reading at the start of this week, anyone know what the average time it will take to get a decision from the uni???

I think you'll find that it depends on your course. I think building surveying may take a while being prestigious undergraduate programme, however it depends on how many people are applying and the aesthetics of your application.

Good luck.
Original post by MW-19--
Anyone got an offer for Geography? Ideally human, was offer BBB or ABB?! Anxious to get a response!
okay literally just after writing this I got my offer of ABB!!
Reply 132
Original post by j0ydivision
Were BBC your predicted grades or your AS grades?

My final A2 grades. I'm on a gap year, I applied two weeks ago. My predicted was BBB and I was expected to get ABB, but that's irrelevant because Reading don't know any of that, only my AS and A2 results
I'm a gap year student and got an unconditional offer for Maths :smile:
I applied for Spanish and History and got a conditional offer :h:
Do Reading send out offers on the weekend?
I am stuck between English Language and lit.....or English Lit? Please help!
Applying for Sept 2016 for English Literature! I'm doing IB and predicted 34, is anyone else applying for English Literature or has anyone got an offer for this subject so far? :smile:
Reply 138
Wondering if anyone can help me...?
I got an email through from Reading from the Admissions Tutor for Zoology, it read 'I am pleased to tell you that I have decided to recommend to the University that you are offered a place on this course.' and also ended with 'I am very pleased that you have made Reading one of your choices and I look forward to meeting you.'
Its been a week since I received the email but I still haven't been given my specific grade offer or had any update on UCAS Track!
I understand that Uni's are ridiculously busy with the large scale of applications they receive, but I'm just checking that this is a normal amount of time to wait because this is my first offer and have nothing to compare it to?
Thanks for your help!!!
Reply 139
Original post by gibbooo
Wondering if anyone can help me...?
I got an email through from Reading from the Admissions Tutor for Zoology, it read 'I am pleased to tell you that I have decided to recommend to the University that you are offered a place on this course.' and also ended with 'I am very pleased that you have made Reading one of your choices and I look forward to meeting you.'
Its been a week since I received the email but I still haven't been given my specific grade offer or had any update on UCAS Track!
I understand that Uni's are ridiculously busy with the large scale of applications they receive, but I'm just checking that this is a normal amount of time to wait because this is my first offer and have nothing to compare it to?
Thanks for your help!!!

The exact same thing happened to me (about a week ago) and I haven't heard back yet, so I wouldn't worry! (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending