The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KPkeele
who here is still waiting to do the bmat, I got nervous first time and decided to do the second sitting? anyone know when it is

Original post by KPkeele
yes there is check their twitter!!!

Provide a link or stop making this claim. If untrue, as I strongly suspect it is, you're giving false hope to people who haven't done as well as they'd like.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I told them I couldn't do the 16th December date, do you think they'd send me an interview email for January anytime soon?
Original post by FutureMedic97
Ahhhh no wonder the people who got invited had varied BMAT scores but they did have >90% A*s at GCSE

I have 10A*s and an A....
Original post by FutureMedic97
Ahhhh no wonder the people who got invited had varied BMAT scores but they did have >90% A*s at GCSE

Yeah I don't think you can read into this too much. This could be anything from them having a strong PS to these people's applications simply being on top of the admission tutors pile of suitable applicants for interview.
I got an interview with really average grades its so weird
9A*s 3As
AAAA (84 average)
A*A*A (predicted)
5.2,5.2,4A
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Yeah I don't think you can read into this too much. This could be anything from them having a strong PS to these people's applications simply being on top of the admission tutors pile of suitable applicants for interview.

It seems they all have amazing GCSE results though.
Original post by exoticmedgirl_2017
9A*s 3As
AAAA (84 average)
A*A*A (predicted)
5.2,5.2,4A

Are you literally here just to brag? Those are not average grades (even for medicine) and you know it.
9A*s 3As
AAAA (84 average)
A*A*A (predicted)
5.2,5.2,4A

When the attention seeking bangs
Original post by blxckatoro
When the attention seeking bangs

No i am not bragging. Fine average is the wrong word but there are many people with better grades especially my AS UMS averages which UCL did ask for.
No i am not bragging. Fine average is the wrong word but there are many people with better grades especially my AS UMS averages which UCL did ask for.

Fair enough, 84% isn't excpetional but its still good, when did UCL ask?
Original post by blxckatoro
Fair enough, 84% isn't excpetional but its still good, when did UCL ask?

2 weeks ago... they literally asked everyone for UMS in my school...seemed to be in roughly alphabetical order. Yeh I have a bit of a warped sense of average because my school gets ridiculous grades and most people applying had 90+UMS and 5.5+ BMATs. Anyway good luck :smile:
2 weeks ago... they literally asked everyone for UMS in my school...seemed to be in roughly alphabetical order. Yeh I have a bit of a warped sense of average because my school gets ridiculous grades and most people applying had 90+UMS and 5.5+ BMATs. Anyway good luck :smile:

Thanks, you too
Reply 192
Does anyone know of any international applicants that have been invited for an interview??
Original post by 16ckim
Does anyone know of any international applicants that have been invited for an interview??

From what I understand not even that many UK-based candidates have, so I wouldn't get too worried. I believe although they do interview some candidates before the new year, the vast majority are called for Jan/Feb time. :smile:
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
From what I understand not even that many UK-based candidates have, so I wouldn't get too worried. I believe although they do interview some candidates before the new year, the vast majority are called for Jan/Feb time. :smile:

All the way until March, I think. :smile:
Reply 195
Wow... since when does UCL use UMS grades - is that why they asked for those statements! Nooooooo :ashamed:
Original post by Ommmar
Wow... since when does UCL use UMS grades - is that why they asked for those statements! Nooooooo :ashamed:

I don't think they ask every applicant though. I haven't had anything asking for UMS scores nor, it seems, did everyone on previous applicants' threads.
anyone know of any rejections yet? Also any gap year applicants?
Yeah I'm a gap year applicant, still haven't heard any news which is good, as our interviews would be in January, fingers crossed lad
Original post by helloravers
anyone know of any rejections yet? Also any gap year applicants?

UCL does very few early rejections because of the way its interview process works. They assign an overall 'priority' to each application that isn't incomplete and then go through them in descending order until they run out of interview slots, which is usually around March time. At that point, I imagine a lot of people get rejected en masse.

I'm a gap year applicant. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending