The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Hi I had my interview at Salford on Friday last week for September 2016 intake in adult nursing. Just wondered if anyone has had an offer there any how long you waited for a decision as I've not heard anything yet. TIA x
Hey everyone!
I am applying for adult nursing and have an interview for Bournemouth on 17th December. Has anyone else had an interview from there? Could anyone give me any tips for nursing interviews, as I've never had one before and I'm really worried:frown:
Original post by bluefire66
Hey everyone!
I am applying for adult nursing and have an interview for Bournemouth on 17th December. Has anyone else had an interview from there? Could anyone give me any tips for nursing interviews, as I've never had one before and I'm really worried:frown:

Everyone at Bournemouth was lovely so really don't worry. You will be interviewed by 3 people but one is just an observer.
Original post by bluefire66
Hey everyone!

I agree! Everyone was really friendly and made you feel comfortable :smile:
Original post by Kat129
Everyone at Bournemouth was lovely so really don't worry. You will be interviewed by 3 people but one is just an observer.

Just to add that mine was for Child Nursing but I would imagine the format is similar.
Original post by Kat129
Just to add that mine was for Child Nursing but I would imagine the format is similar.

Same here! When was your interview?
Tuesday 8th December. 9am session
Original post by Kat129
Tuesday 8th December. 9am session

We were in the same session then! Haha, how did you find it?
Not too bad. I get a bit waffly when I am nervous though. I was the person in the bright mustard jacket :-)
Been offered an interview at Hertfordshire for Children's Nursing... Has anyone any advice on this and how I can prepare for it? Also, will there be an admissions test? Thanks Guys!
Reply 1270
I've applied for mental health nursing but I kept changing my mine beforehand. I was wondering if it gets to results day and I decided I want to do adult nursing, would I be able to change if I get an offer???
Reply 1271
Original post by phem
I've applied for mental health nursing but I kept changing my mine beforehand. I was wondering if it gets to results day and I decided I want to do adult nursing, would I be able to change if I get an offer???

It would depend on a few things. The courses are completely separate so the Adult branch may well be full by the time you change your mind, especially with the changes to NHS bursaries happening so people are really keen to get in this year! If you've applied to a university for MH and they've made you an offer but don't have space on their Adult course, you'd then need to decline their offer and risk Extra/Clearing.

I think some unis keep all their Nursing branches together for the first year so depending on where you are applying, it may be possible to change.

All I would say is it is probably better to try and change sooner rather than later if you're having doubts, before all the programmes are full!

Hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:
Hi, I have applied to Derby and Nottingham for adult nursing. Has anyone had an interview there? How was it? Xx
How long are people waiting for responses? I applied over a month ago now and had a rejection within 2 days but not have since!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1274
Original post by fc93
It would depend on a few things. The courses are completely separate so the Adult branch may well be full by the time you change your mind, especially with the changes to NHS bursaries happening so people are really keen to get in this year! If you've applied to a university for MH and they've made you an offer but don't have space on their Adult course, you'd then need to decline their offer and risk Extra/Clearing.

I think some unis keep all their Nursing branches together for the first year so depending on where you are applying, it may be possible to change.

All I would say is it is probably better to try and change sooner rather than later if you're having doubts, before all the programmes are full!

Hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:

Aaaah thank you!! I think I'll see how it goes for now as I'm still unsure but it's a lot clear :smile:
Original post by Sezena
Hello guys!!

I have an interview tomorrow for Wolverhampton and one next week for Chester, I know you're not allowed to tell me about the day but could people tell me what they've been wearing? I'm struggling with what to wear!

Heyy congratts girl! Just dress formally like you would for any interview and you should be fine. Good luck xx
Original post by Sianbx
Well done on your interview! When do you find out if you got a place?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi They said between 5-10 days so im hoping the latest by next friday x
Original post by Swagio
How long are people waiting for responses? I applied over a month ago now and had a rejection within 2 days but not have since!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm also applying for nursing and received responses from all my choices within two months. They have until February to decide so I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Original post by nursemad
Hi I had my interview at Salford on Friday last week for September 2016 intake in adult nursing. Just wondered if anyone has had an offer there any how long you waited for a decision as I've not heard anything yet. TIA x

I have an interview there too and I'm pretty much panicked. Any words of advice? :smile:
I have an interview at Salford and Bradford for Child Nursing, anyone had one of those yet? If so, any words of advice? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending