The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fots shired at Mackay
Reply 1441
Not attacking him as a poster but I think the point made was absolute *******s and its not the first time he's repeated articles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we agreed this title race is between Leicester, Arsenal & Man City?
Original post by iamthetruth
Are we agreed this title race is between Leicester, Arsenal & Man City?

Just Arsenal & City lol..
Original post by Use Err Name

Both teams should consider themselves lucky to be in it with some of the defeats they've had.

You can't rule Leicester out not saying they will win but they deserve to be recognized.
Original post by iamthetruth
You can't rule Leicester out not saying they will win but they deserve to be recognized.

I just think that the team or key players will eventually drop in form or key players will take injuries.

They don't have the squad depth that Arsenal and City have to be able to grind out results without their best players.
Original post by AR_95
Not attacking him as a poster

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm. Really?

Original post by jam277
Yeah this.

Which part? Me posting or the point made?

Original post by difeo
Fots shired at Mackay

Made me lol.
Arsenal squad depth?

Banteeerrrr

Leicester don't have European football to balance with, will likely strengthen in January and have two of the most in-form players in Europe. And with the 'traditional' top 4 looking to drop points at every other chance they get I really don't see it being a long shot considering them having a shot at the title/top 4.

They have to keep Vardy, Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez fit though.
Arsenal have the best squad depth in the prem fam, probs top 5 in Europe
Reply 1450
Original post by Mackay
Hm. Really?

Which part? Me posting or the point made?

Made me lol.

Nope but if I disagree with something and its repeated I'll call it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Arsenal have the best squad depth in the prem fam, probs top 5 in Europe

Best depth is obvs United mate.
I just think that the team or key players will eventually drop in form or key players will take injuries.

They don't have the squad depth that Arsenal and City have to be able to grind out results without their best players.

I could just say Kompany/Aguero could lose form or get injured. They're both injury prone and Man City crumbled against Stoke when they had neither. If Ozil get injured for instance, do you see Arsenal staying at the same level? Look at how many injuries they get. In contrast, Leicester have had one first team player get injured in the last three years because of their great sport science department or whatever, while playing in the Championship where there are more physical teams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Diego Costa
I could just say Kompany/Aguero could lose form or get injured. They're both injury prone and Man City crumbled against Stoke when they had neither.

Aguero's definitely the issue for City, and an over-reliance on him is unhealthy.

If one of the provides behind him was to get injured (if not at the same time) then they have a plethora of other attacking midfield talent to lean on: Silva, Sterling, de Bruyne, Yaya Toure.

If Aguero goes, I fear for them. He'll undoubtedly never have a 38 game season, though.
Original post by Mackay
Aguero's definitely the issue for City, and an over-reliance on him is unhealthy.

If one of the provides behind him was to get injured (if not at the same time) then they have a plethora of other attacking midfield talent to lean on: Silva, Sterling, de Bruyne, Yaya Toure.

If Aguero goes, I fear for them. He'll undoubtedly never have a 38 game season, though.

Yeah agreed. They have enough attacking midfielders, all four you mentioned are bordering world class at minimum. It's not much of an issue if one gets injured. Bony doesn't fit their style though, his all round game is good and he can be useful with his back to goal, but they primarily need someone who can finish and not much else is too important. I don't know how many that would go to City, knowing they'd just be second choice. Austin wouldn't be the worst buy, he's limited (slow and offers very little other than goals), but I don't think his limitations really would get exposed City.

Kompany is absolutely key to Citeh, maybe more so than Aguero. In the 8 games they've had with him they've concended 1 goal, in the 8 games without him they conceded 16 goals. I don't trust Otamendi, Zabaleta's injured and Kolarov/Clichy are only good attacking wise. Kompany is absolutely needed for them
Original post by Diego Costa

Kompany is absolutely key to Citeh, maybe more so than Aguero. In the 8 games they've had with him they've concended 1 goal, in the 8 games without him they conceded 16 goals. I don't trust Otamendi, Zabaleta's injured and Kolarov/Clichy are only good attacking wise. Kompany is absolutely needed for them

Agree completely. Kompany is integral to any success they have - and that's refreshing, given some pundits had written him off after a poor spell last season I think.

Otamendi will settle eventually, but Pellegrini's perseverance with Demichelis is baffling. He was absolutely torn apart against us at the Etihad, when we won 4-1.

It just shows how crucial that central defender linchpin is. Liverpool don't really have one, but I'm convinced the likes of Skrtel are no worse than Demichelis/Mangala, it's just they seem to be because they are partnered with somebody of a similar quality rather than somebody of Kompany's ilk.
Original post by Mackay
Agree completely. Kompany is integral to any success they have - and that's refreshing, given some pundits had written him off after a poor spell last season I think.

Otamendi will settle eventually, but Pellegrini's perseverance with Demichelis is baffling. He was absolutely torn apart against us at the Etihad, when we won 4-1.

It just shows how crucial that central defender linchpin is. Liverpool don't really have one, but I'm convinced the likes of Skrtel are no worse than Demichelis/Mangala, it's just they seem to be because they are partnered with somebody of a similar quality rather than somebody of Kompany's ilk.

It seemed that his head wasn't in the game more than a loss of ability or anything. Credit to Pellegrini for motivating him or whatever. I don't like Demichelis that much he's too slow and can get exposed, as evidenced against in the 'Pool match with Firmino and Coutinho.

I expected Lovren to come in and be a defensive leader at Liverpool like he was at Southampton (maybe Fonte was underrated in 13/14), especially since he has Clyne alongside him and three centre midfielders who put in a shift defensively.Yeah, it does show how much defensive leaders are needed. Maybe Klopp should try and work Gomez into that role.
Pep leaving Bayern, hopefully he takes a year out again so we can get him for 2017
Reply 1458
I see no reason why Wenger would retire in 2017.
Original post by llys
I see no reason why Wenger would retire in 2017.

He's retirement age and his contract is expiring

Latest