The Student Room Group

Are the NHS/doctors etc. "self serving"?

I am considering going into graduate medicine and becoming a doctor to help people.

However I have a lot of friends who have been treated by or worked for the NHS, and they say that it isn't as good as it used to be and the whole environment is toxic and cliquey - apparently there are a lot of bullying, complaints and malpractice that get covered up, threats to whistleblowers, and it is "a circle jerk" to quote my doctor uncle :eek:

Do you think the NHS/medical staff have been given too much power? I am not just asking as an applicant
Original post by Hannah194
I am considering going into graduate medicine and becoming a doctor to help people.

However I have a lot of friends who have been treated by or worked for the NHS, and they say that it isn't as good as it used to be and the whole environment is toxic and cliquey - apparently there are a lot of bullying, complaints and malpractice that get covered up, threats to whistleblowers, and it is "a circle jerk" to quote my doctor uncle :eek:

Do you think the NHS/medical staff have been given too much power? I am not just asking as an applicant

Nope.

You've just described what goes on in any large organisation.
Reply 2
Original post by MatureStudent36
Nope.

You've just described what goes on in any large organisation.

According to people I know who work there, its worse because its publicly funded

Have you worked there? thoughts?
Original post by Hannah194
According to people I know who work there, its worse because its publicly funded

Have you worked there? thoughts?

People who work there are unlikely to know anything else.

You'll realise that anybody who works in any sector always has it worse than anybody else.

It's just normal.

There are elements of changes in culture can be more difficult to drive through in public sector organisations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending