The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Think he needs a new challenge. A few around him have said he's destined for England, but I can see him going to PSG and then eventually the MLS. A personality like his - with his grandeur, marketability and image - would surely relish and thrive somewhere like America.

Apparently he bought some apartment in the States for $20 odd million so that must be his final destination.

Will go PSG next year I think. Although I would want him back, I think he'll want to test his trade in a new league.
Original post by Rk2k14
Maybe they do bottle it, but Pep's Barca were arguably the greatest ever club side, so no amount of spending (like you mentioned) was gonna fix that. They were simply too good.

Perhaps my feelings for Ronaldo are clouding my opinion of Real a bit and making me overly harsh and critical of them. As a Utd fan, I love Ronaldo and I will always want to see him succeed, win trophies and individual honours and seeing him win only 1 league title with Real annoys and saddens me. I hate Real with a passion but because Ronaldo plays for them, I want them to do well (until Ronaldo leaves that is).
Original post by Major Zero
Perhaps my feelings for Ronaldo are clouding my opinion of Real a bit and making me overly harsh and critical of them. As a Utd fan, I love Ronaldo and I will always want to see him succeed, win trophies and individual honours and seeing him win only 1 league title with Real annoys and saddens me. I hate Real with a passion but because Ronaldo plays for them, I want them to do well (until Ronaldo leaves that is).

Ronaldo alone can't compete with them Barca teams.

Joined an unfortunate time where Messi & co were running the La Liga show.
Something tells me that Ronaldo isn't going to take well to getting old and ****.
Original post by Rk2k14
Apparently he bought some apartment in the States for $20 odd million so that must be his final destination.

Will go PSG next year I think. Although I would want him back, I think he'll want to test his trade in a new league.

What if Jose is their manager, though?
57 in 57 for Ronaldo this calendar year. What are those Barca boys at?
Hard to believe Ronaldo's joint top scorer with Neymar.
Especially considering the latter has been 'amazing' whereas the former has been 'poor'.
Original post by Rk2k14
Hard to believe Ronaldo's joint top scorer with Neymar.
Especially considering the latter has been 'amazing' whereas the former has been 'poor'.

Flat-track bully, Penaldo or something like that
Original post by Manchester United
Flat-track bully, Penaldo or something like that

Well how could you disagree?

Prior achievements disregarded, Ronaldo's no shows in the big games this season have been pretty consistent and stark. Filling the bucket with 5 against Espanyol and 4 against Molde doesn't hide that.

He's obviously not had a poor season, but poor by his standards, for sure. And whilst poor by his standards isn't worthy of any criticism, his awful big game performances can be criticised.
How on earth is that a penalty? The referees in Spain are still as useless as ever.
Saying flat track bullies ironically despite the fact he's scored 0 goals against the big teams this season
Nice to see Bale doing well though. Again Madrids best player.
Poor Neville. The task he faces at Valencia is an uphill one and increasingly taxing.
Original post by Mackay
Poor Neville. The task he faces at Valencia is an uphill one and increasingly taxing.

Should've picked his first club better.
Original post by Zerforax
Should've picked his first club better.

He has Madrid next. I have a good feeling about his chances in that game, might be able to pull off a draw I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Dreamville_
He has Madrid next. I have a good feeling about his chances in that game, might be able to pull off a draw I reckon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure Benitez will be extra keen to beat him..
Original post by _Dreamville_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they have a 34-38% chance of either drawing or winning according to the best information available so that means youre certainly right there.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Busquets is the best CM in the world

Discuss
He talks a good game Neville, but even if this venture doesn't end well, won't harm him too much. I think it will take a while for his ideas and plans to come to fruition. Sounds like as much as he's trying to give youth a chance, he needs some wiser heads around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Busquets is the best CDM in the world

There is nothing to discuss.

Fixed.

Latest