The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who plays the lottery??

Amongst my friends I'm the only one who plays regularly.

I like the thought of having a chance to be a millionaire. That's the only reason I play.

Do you guys plays too??

Scroll to see replies

You can't be the only one. Otherwise, you'd win every week. And the prize pool would be rubbish.
I figure once I start playing I'd feel like I had to continue just in case my numbers came up, which they inevitably wouldn't.. Would just become another tax for me. :biggrin:
i think to play it you have to have some hope of one day becoming a millionaire and winning, I honestly don't think id ever win so I never waste my money on it.
Not worth it , rather invest in something with actual return. I know lotto isn't expensive , but overtime it adds up.
Reply 5
inb4 "stupid people tax"
Reply 6
Original post by DrSocSciences
You can't be the only one. Otherwise, you'd win every week. And the prize pool would be rubbish.

£1 to enter, and the prize pool would be like £0.80 :lol:
i do the Euromillions on Tuesdays & Fridays. i love to support good causes.
I've played a few times, but you're apparently more likely to be struck by lightning seven times than win the lottery :eek:
With the chances of winning and the waste it is to regularly buy a ticket....well I don't bother playing and I don't blame your friends for not doing so.

But you have to be in it to win it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I don't play it but for many years now I've encouraged every not so intelligent person I meet to play it so that should any of them play and win I can expect a cut.

So far I can report that I am almost £50 up from this policy.

Cheers
Well, hopefully not, else I'm going to have a devil of a time explaining this to Camelot's shareholders.
Reply 12
Original post by DrSocSciences

Actually I would not win every week as I'm trying to match the numbers that come up and therefore my chances are independent of the number of other other players :smile:

But nice try :wink:
Original post by Elle_987
Amongst my friends I'm the only one who plays regularly.

I like the thought of having a chance to be a millionaire. That's the only reason I play.

Do you guys plays too??

if it the national lotto just quit it go for euromillions better odds of winning now
Reply 14
Original post by jamesthehustler
if it the national lotto just quit it go for euromillions better odds of winning now

I play both as part of an online syndicate so I pay 3.50 or so every week and get 20 tickets to the Lotto (10 on Wed and 10 on Sat) which is normally worth £40. You have to pay double that to get 40 tickets (the same 20 lotto plus 20 EuroMillions on Tuesday's and Fridays)
I don't play any more. It's now gone up to £2 a ticket, hasn't, it?
Reply 16
You have better chances of winning big playing French roulette than the lottery.
Original post by raaachek
I've played a few times, but you're apparently more likely to be struck by lightning seven times than win the lottery :eek:

Need to enter the storm first to be struck by lightning... :wink:

Also it is £2 / ticket - really adds up over the year, rather have spotify than get virtually nothing in return, but thats just me.
Original post by Jaydude
Need to enter the storm first to be struck by lightning... :wink:

Also it is £2 / ticket - really adds up over the year, rather have spotify than get virtually nothing in return, but thats just me.

There's this radio competition that I'm trying to find out how to enter. The specific radio station name escapes me, but yeah. Basically, you identify 3 celebs who together form a 3-word sentence by saying one word each. If you can identify one, you get £10k; if you identify two, you get £20k; and if you identify all three, you get £100k. :eek:
Original post by raaachek
There's this radio competition that I'm trying to find out how to enter. The specific radio station name escapes me, but yeah. Basically, you identify 3 celebs who together form a 3-word sentence by saying one word each. If you can identify one, you get £10k; if you identify two, you get £20k; and if you identify all three, you get £100k. :eek:

Heart! (Londons Heart) I know because i used to listen to them too! haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending