The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by sunburner
Wait, I dont remember at any point expressing a preference or lack thereof ?? Was this part of UCAS or something
Yeah you select scottish/english or no preference on your ucas form when you select St andrews as one of your options
Original post by idklol
Yeah you select scottish/english or no preference on your ucas form when you select St andrews as one of your options

I see, I dont remember choosing it but on my UCAS track for St A it says "Campus: S" so does that mean Ive chosen Scottish? I always thought the S just stood for St Andrews Lol
Reply 122
I see, I dont remember choosing it but on my UCAS track for St A it says "Campus: S" so does that mean Ive chosen Scottish? I always thought the S just stood for St Andrews Lol

Haha, yeah, you've selected the Scottish route! 😂
Original post by madmed16
Everyone I have asked about St A has said they have heard nothing haha! I think it's maybe people who have applied for the English route, or have no preference, that have heard back...Maybe, that's just a guess!

hhmm, I never realised you were supposed to apply with a preference, didn't see any mention of it?
No wait just read the other comments oh god hope I've choosen Scotland!!:s-smilie:
Oh wait I did :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by st nick
hhmm, I never realised you were supposed to apply with a preference, didn't see any mention of it?

I think it was mentioned somewhere on their website, S meaning scottish route
Reply 127
Original post by st nick
Oh wait I did :smile:

Have you received an interview yet btw? if not then maybe it really is just that S route applicants get late replies :P
Haha, yeah, you've selected the Scottish route! 😂

I see. Not sure how\why I chose that but I actually have no preference lol
Oh well
Thanks for clarifying that haha
Have you heard back yet ?
Original post by muchensmile
Have you received an interview yet btw? if not then maybe it really is just that S route applicants get late replies :P

Oh well

No, no interview yet, but I know somebody with the same ukcat as me with an interview and I'm not sure if he applied for the English route, but he only applied to scottish unis so I'd assume that he applied for the scottish route as well. They are quite slow in giving out interviews though. I have no idea why I chose S ??
Reply 130
Original post by OllyRoberts
Hey there. Well your SJ is good, and they use this in one of their stations, so if you do get an interview use this to your advantage. I'm not sure how much they look at UKCAT score tbh. Because it is below average, they may have to look at the rest of your application, but I'm really not sure. Don't want to be too harsh/ mislead you

thanks olly. just wasn't too sure if my ukcat would put me RIGHT at the bottom, in which case it would probably be a straight up rejection. btw everyone else, I don't believe the route you put on ucas makes any difference as I do remember hearing that this isn't a final choice and you do get asked again once at uni.
Reply 131
Oh well

I've heard nothing! I don't know whether to panic or just be chill!
I've heard nothing! I don't know whether to panic or just be chill!

Well I Was panicking but now seeing that a lot of us are in the same position I now have decided to chill lol :biggrin:
Reply 133
Guys, is it just me, or have St Andrews changed their selection process? I thought it said on their website before we applied that you'll be given points for academics and UKCAT score after the assessment of everything else...but now it says that they will look at everything and then rank us based on our UKCAT scores...top 400 are invited to interview!
Guys, is it just me, or have St Andrews changed their selection process? I thought it said on their website before we applied that you'll be given points for academics and UKCAT score after the assessment of everything else...but now it says that they will look at everything and then rank us based on our UKCAT scores...top 400 are invited to interview!

I noticed that as well... Dya think its for 2017 entry or they've changed how they are picking 2016 entry applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt notice but essentially the only change is that there is focus on UKCAT and less focus on academics right ?
Reply 136
Original post by cranspice
I noticed that as well... Dya think its for 2017 entry or they've changed how they are picking 2016 entry applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's for 2016 entry and they've just changed it... But I'm glad someone else noticed!
Reply 137
I didnt notice but essentially the only change is that there is focus on UKCAT and less focus on academics right ?

Yeah, it sounds like they are adopting the same style as Glasgow for interview selection!
Yeah, it sounds like they are adopting the same style as Glasgow for interview selection!

Ehh whats the process for Glasgow? I know they rank in order of top few hundred but I wasnt sure if it was in order of UKCAT score or not, Im guessing it is then lol
Reply 139
Ehh whats the process for Glasgow? I know they rank in order of top few hundred but I wasnt sure if it was in order of UKCAT score or not, Im guessing it is then lol

Yeah haha!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending