The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cosmicsparrow
Anyone know when Unis will reopen and start giving out offers/rejections this year? 😅

Monday the 4th of Jan
Reply 921
Original post by cosmicsparrow
Anyone know when Unis will reopen and start giving out offers/rejections this year? 😅

Most are the 4th but Bristol emailed to say the 5th if you've applied there :smile:
Original post by fckinfightme
i've applied to KCL, Nottingham, York, Bristol and SOAS in early November. I've had offers from the first two and am still waiting for the other three

Hi!

Nice to hear you applied to SOAS. When in November did you apply? We try to get offers out within 6 weeks. Come chat with me on our 2016 SOAS Application Thread and I'll see if there's any problems or why there's any hold ups in the process.

~Mike
I applied for the M100 at Nottingham and have received an offer of A*AA for the BA. The LLB and the BA have the same course codes, at the time I assumed I had applied specifically for the LLB. What is the main difference between the two and what should/can I do??
I applied for the M100 at Nottingham and have received an offer of A*AA for the BA. The LLB and the BA have the same course codes, at the time I assumed I had applied specifically for the LLB. What is the main difference between the two and what should/can I do??

BA has more optional modules but nevertheless both LLB and BA at Notts are qualifying.
Original post by 0123456543210
BA has more optional modules but nevertheless both LLB and BA at Notts are qualifying.

Thank you!!
Thank you!!

You are welcome.
btw the optional modules in Ba course can be unrelated to your degree as long as the module is taught in a school of social sciences, so you can pick modules from politics, economics etc. and because you will do 7 compulsory topics you will be awarded with a qualifying law degree.
Reply 927
I've applied to Sheffield, Keele, Leicester , Brunel and Manchester Met.
Only got an offer from Sheffield yet but hoping to get all 5 :smile: .
I applied on Nov 5th and nothing yet. Did my LNAT on 17th Oct. I have 38 IB points (45) which is like A*AA I think.

Original post by Ruby17
Has anyone got an offer from KCL for law? If so, could you please tell me your grades, and how your LNAT went? (I'm sitting mine this Thursday and am pretty nervous)
Anyone heard from Nottingham yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 930
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
I applied on Nov 5th and nothing yet. Did my LNAT on 17th Oct. I have 38 IB points (45) which is like A*AA I think.

How do you know 38 equals to A*AA? How much would then a 41 be?
Original post by aubergine7

My son got an offer for law, the second week in November. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. He had an early offer for LSE last year and he marginally missed his offer. Unfortunately, even with extenuating circumstances, that they agreed were terrible, they still wouldn't take him. UCL have waived their no resit policy for him. Nottingham is an excellent university and their law school is highly regarded. I hope you hear soon. Do you mind me asking what grades you have at GCSE?
Reply 932

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got my offer on 15th dec exactly six weeks after they received my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer from them on Dec. 9th :smile:
Hi guys, I applied to UCL on 13th Oct still not heard anything back. Just got an email about the joint course with a HongKong Uni. At the end of the email there was a reminder about LNAT results being linked to the UCL Law faculty. Did everyone else just tick the UCL box when registering for the LNAT online? That's all I do right? After taking the LNAT I don't have to send anything else do I? Just getting a bit worried... :sss
Original post by MHussainAli
Hi guys, I applied to UCL on 13th Oct still not heard anything back. Just got an email about the joint course with a HongKong Uni. At the end of the email there was a reminder about LNAT results being linked to the UCL Law faculty. Did everyone else just tick the UCL box when registering for the LNAT online? That's all I do right? After taking the LNAT I don't have to send anything else do I? Just getting a bit worried... :sss

Absolutely :smile: Just received the same email from them and thought it was an offer :biggrin: And dont worry. All we had to do was just to tick the UCL box :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
got oxford! 38 (666), Open Offer
Roughly how long do Nottingham take in getting back to you after the LNAT?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I thought that too, my phone only displayed the sentence "it is with great pleasure" so I got really excited :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and okay no worries thannks
Reply 939
Just got an offer from Birmingham! Yay!☺

Latest

Trending

Trending