The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carli97
Got an offer from KCL!! 😁😊😊😊😀😀 so excited

Congratulations!
Do you have any advice for the tests/ interview?
Original post by 123456789012
Hi all, I have got an interview invite from Derby for Adult Nursing. Does anyone know the sort of questions they ask in the interview, and is it a panel interview or 1-on-1? Any help will be appreciated.

Good luck for your interview :smile: when did you send your application off and when did you receive the interview offer? I have applied to derby as well but haven't heard anything from them
Hello, congratulations on your interview, I have my interview at manchetser metropolitan tomorrow! I received my reply a while ago and it did not state that in my email. I would think what others have said is true, that their intake for September is full. I will reply tomorrow will how things went at the interview, I know we are not allowed to give specific information about questions ect but I should be able to provide some feedback to how I found it :smile: best wishes xx
Original post by KittyAnneR
Hi :smile: Derby interviews, firstly there are a maths, English and values test (which is really easy) when I did them last year they were in an exam hall, but I've heard that this year they're online! Then you will go for a short tour, before having a group discussion about a particular topic. In this part, make sure you listen to others and let everyone speak, but also make sure you have something to say. Lastly, you have a one to one interview which is more specific. Make sure you have a few examples where you've demonstrated good qualities, and make sure you know the role of a nurse. Be yourself! It's not too bad :smile:

Hey, thank you for your response. Really appreciate your help! :smile:
Original post by Elinapun
Good luck for your interview :smile: when did you send your application off and when did you receive the interview offer? I have applied to derby as well but haven't heard anything from them

I sent off the application around 10 December, and received an interview invite yesterday.
Anyone been to an adult nursing interview for beds? I've applied in November and had them email me back 2 days before Christmas that they received my documents via email.. so I'm anxious to hear back *.*
My lecturer FINALLY submitted my reference so now UCAS has been sent! 😄😄😄

I'm applying to Kings, Kingston, Bournemouth, Leeds and Teesside!

Hoping my wait to hear back isn't too long 😁😁 congrats to those who have had offers and good luck to those who are waiting!
Original post by safiyyah98
Has anyone heard from University of Manchester or BCU for child nursing? Because they're the only two I haven't heard from. Also if anyone has had an interview at Wolverhampton, University of Birmingham or University of Salford can you tell me what its like and what kind of questions they asked you?

I had an interview at BCU and have still not heard anything
Original post by topdot12
I had an interview at BCU and have still not heard anything

Really? What did they ask in the interview? Also how long after you sent your application did you hear back? When was your interview?
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
My lecturer FINALLY submitted my reference so now UCAS has been sent! 😄😄😄

I'm applying to Kings, Kingston, Bournemouth, Leeds and Teesside!

Hoping my wait to hear back isn't too long 😁😁 congrats to those who have had offers and good luck to those who are waiting!

Well done for submitting your UCAS! I've applied to Kings also! Let me know if you hear anything from them and perhaps we can keep in touch about that!

Best of luck. xx
Received an interview date and time for MMU to start in March 2016! I'll be flying over to Manchester on the 21st of January! I'm just a bit worried that if I do receive an offer what way will accommodation work, I'd presume all student accom. is full with everyone who started in September?
Finally submitted my UCAS yesterday for Brighton and it has been processed and awaiting consideration. Eeeeek.... Hope I'm not waiting months to hear anything!
Ive been offered places at sheffield hallam and huddersfield and waiting to hear from derby but interview was only yesterday haha, with huddersfield i got an offer the day after the interview and sheffield hallam was 3 days so theye been really quick, derby said they wont let anyone know until march though
Reply 1693
Original post by ~TheCheshireCat~
Has anyone had, or does anyone have an upcoming interview for Swansea nursing? I have mine on Friday and I'm very nervous, I've been told there is a group interview and individual tasks etc. I'd love some advice or to be able to talk to someone who is applying to the same Uni.

Hi! I had my interview back in December at Swansea and you seriously don't have to worry! They are so relaxed and all of the students are lovely. The group task was fine and the students encouraged you to participate. We had to do a role play kind of thing which was quite daunting but it didn't last long! The individual interview was chilled, they asked simple questions about you and nothing you really need to research. Hope that helps:smile: I have my Southampton interview tomorrow too so good luck!
been offered my first adult nursing interview for Northampton! 30th Jan.
anyone been to theirs? how did you find it?
I wasn't emailed about it, only track updated so not sure if I am expected to bring anything? odd..
Have a look in your spam folder in your email, my invite was in my SPAM folder!
Original post by Male nurses rock
Have a look in your spam folder in your email, my invite was in my SPAM folder!

Nope, nothing. How odd.
I'll have to bring some certificates for my Maths, English & Science and my passport in case then.
Original post by Nanodae
Nope, nothing. How odd.
I'll have to bring some certificates for my Maths, English & Science and my passport in case then.

You may also need a passport sized photo and details of your second reference.
Original post by Emmacatkins
Anyone who has put Birmingham (UOB) as their first choice, have you sent the health questionnaire back yet?

Do you have an offer from Uni of Birmingham? If so, how long after the interview did you hear that you had an offer?
Original post by Male nurses rock
You may also need a passport sized photo and details of your second reference.

Thank you, will bring a photo too.
Ooh, never knew of a 2nd reference was needed. My class all needed one by our teacher and I was never informed by anyone for more than 1.
(e) I thought we were meant to add 2 on UCAS but seems not the case, so I'll bring my emloyer details as a reference. phew, thought I'd filled the application incorrectly.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending