The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Radebe91
Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of deadlines? I had no idea Radcliffe had changed to 8 Jan and Pupillage Portal never seems to reveal these things either. It's really frustrating.

edit ... or at least a comprehensive list of commercial/chancery sets.

Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'll try to assemble a comprehensive list in OP if people contribute, since as far as I know there isn't one elsewhere. I don't know really anything other than chancery/commercial myself, though.

Original post by Forum User

Here's mine (attached) - enjoy :smile: It's comprehensive but it only includes chancery, commercial and related areas (ie. tax, some property, insurance, prof neg, etc). Judging by the interests of people active on this thread though, it should do the trick...

Obviously, I have no intention of applying to all these places, but a while back I decided I'd actually make the list as it doesn't seem to exist properly anywhere. Details last verified yesterday.

As for 4NS, also decided against in the end as I realised I won't be available on the interview dates for 1st round (if I made it) :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Something else I completely forgot to mention - Lincoln's awarded their Hardwicke scholarships (the entrance ones) just before Christmas. Notifications were by email with more info to be sent by post now-ish.
Original post by LadyLaw23
Thanks, thought it would be (the corresponding Friday this year).

Finishing it up now - good luck :smile: What type of topic did you guys go for in the Advocacy section (ie. legal, debate, work-related, other, etc)?

After much deliberation I went for a controversial proposition with a moral/legal slant to it. Already looking forward to hearing back from them re the application outcome, or not as the case may be! This is my first year making these applications and I have absolutely no idea what to expect! Good luck everyone.
Here's mine (attached) - enjoy :smile: It's comprehensive but it only includes chancery, commercial and related areas (ie. tax, some property, insurance, prof neg, etc). Judging by the interests of people active on this thread though, it should do the trick...

Obviously, I have no intention of applying to all these places, but a while back I decided I'd actually make the list as it doesn't seem to exist properly anywhere. Details last verified yesterday.

As for 4NS, also decided against in the end as I realised I won't be available on the interview dates for 1st round (if I made it) :frown:

Amazing, thanks :smile:
How long does feedback from 1st interviews usually take? Wondering whether to chase a request sent mid december ..
Reply 65
Original post by Bob boblaw
How long does feedback from 1st interviews usually take? Wondering whether to chase a request sent mid december ..

As you only sent the request mid-December, bear in mind that a lot of barristers will have been off work from 24th December until yesterday. I would wait a little while.
Amazing, thanks :smile:

No worries :smile:
Re Radcliffe:

How does one begin a letter to 'The Pupillage Committee'? 'Dear Members of the Pupillage Committee'?
Re Radcliffe again:

They appear to have changed their deadline within the last two days, since I checked it, to the 14th: http://www.radcliffechambers.com/recruitment/pupillage

So there's that.
Re Radcliffe again:

They appear to have changed their deadline within the last two days, since I checked it, to the 14th: http://www.radcliffechambers.com/recruitment/pupillage

So there's that.

Was just logging on to post that myself... saves me doing it tomorrow.
They appear to have changed their deadline within the last two days

That's just odd! Who changes the deadline 1-2 days beforehand?!

Original post by Forum User
saves me doing it tomorrow.

Same here, though that now makes 8 applications for next week - should be.... interesting :curious:

Re Radcliffe:

How does one begin a letter to 'The Pupillage Committee'? 'Dear Members of the Pupillage Committee'?

I think this is more likely referring to putting 'The Pupillage Committee' above the address at the top, then going with 'Dear Sir / Madam', 'Dear Sirs', etc. or whatever other start you want to use when there isn't a specific person to address it to. But then that's just my take on it
That's just odd! Who changes the deadline 1-2 days beforehand?!

Same here, though that now makes 8 applications for next week - should be.... interesting :curious:

I think this is more likely referring to putting 'The Pupillage Committee' above the address at the top, then going with 'Dear Sir / Madam', 'Dear Sirs', etc. or whatever other start you want to use when there isn't a specific person to address it to. But then that's just my take on it

lol, you know, you could just do it now. There's no rule about doing it the day before rather than earlier.

Okay, Sir/Madam I think I'll go with. Addressing it as to an unknown individual, rather than the panel as a collective, makes sense, and Dear Sirs, though I think that is a nice opening, risks irking some feminist committee member.
Hi everyone! Positive thinking, this is the year for us :-)

Please will someone post if and when second rounds/rejections are out for college chambers? I'm hoping these will be by email rather than post...
Anyone else waiting on the outcome of their 4 New Square application? Just noticed the interviews are listed for 13th and 14th of January and hoping it won't be too much longer before we find out either way so arrangements can be made if necessary! Its my first application so I'm not expecting too much but I'm eager to see how it fared irrespective of the outcome!
Anyone heard from Civitas or Atkin?
lol, you know, you could just do it now. There's no rule about doing it the day before rather than earlier.

Okay, Sir/Madam I think I'll go with. Addressing it as to an unknown individual, rather than the panel as a collective, makes sense, and Dear Sirs, though I think that is a nice opening, risks irking some feminist committee member.

Already have for some of them :biggrin: I never said I'd do them all the day before or anything similar, just that it's a lot of application deadlines at the same time, which then inevitably means that for those lucky enough to get through to interviews, it'll be a scheduling nightmare!

Re the opening, I'm personally going with Sir/Madam, although some people might choose the plural of that and go with Sirs/Madams, though to me personally that just sounds a bit clumsy...

Original post by The Barista

Nothing yet from Atkin, didn't apply to Civitas.

Original post by shestheone
Hi everyone! Positive thinking, this is the year for us :-)

Here's hoping :smile:
Already have for some of them :biggrin: I never said I'd do them all the day before or anything similar, just that it's a lot of application deadlines at the same time, which then inevitably means that for those lucky enough to get through to interviews, it'll be a scheduling nightmare!

Re the opening, I'm personally going with Sir/Madam, although some people might choose the plural of that and go with Sirs/Madams, though to me personally that just sounds a bit clumsy...

Nothing yet from Atkin, didn't apply to Civitas.

Here's hoping :smile:

Ah I see :tongue: I still haven't sent most for the 14th/15th. Sigh. Thankfully I don't have very heavy time constraints outside applications at the moment.

Yes, I agree 'Sirs/Madams' sounds terribly clumsy.
Reply 77
Original post by The Barista

My colleague received an invitation to interview from Civitas yesterday afternoon.
On a related topic, for those applying for the BPTC, the BarSAS deadline has been extended to 4pm on Wednesday (13th).
Anyone heard anything from 4 New Square?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending