The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anu701
Hey guys I would like to know if we are allowed calculators in the maths test at Greenwich university , pls reply since I have my FIRST TEST AND INTERVEIW ON MONDAY..!! Really freaking out 😩😖

How did it go?
Slightly of topic.... But Can I ask what everyone wore to their interview? I don't want to be to casual....
Original post by hipposcribble
Hi!

Major well done to you. You must be so so happy!

I've also applied to Birmingham so was wondering when you interviewed with them? :smile:

congrats again.

Thank you so much!! :smile:
I had my interview on the 9th December, and I found out last Tuesday.
When did you have your interview?
Original post by Luce0506
Hi, congrats on your offer, I recieved one from Bham today - it's my first choice too! X

Congrats to you too!! Hopefully see you there :smile: x
I wore a navy knee length dress with black tights and a navy suit jacket and black patent pumps. I didn't want to wear a full suit but I still wanted to look smart xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've received an unconditional offer (as I had Alevel results a few years ago) from Wolverhampton university in Adult Nursing starting Jan 2017 and was wondering if anyone knows more about the health check and DBS and when you think they would be?

Good luck all!!
Original post by hipposcribble
Hey hey,

So basically I'd advise ringing up Liverpool because that's how I found out I had an interview - I rang them up enquiring about the status of my application and they were all "you have an interview in a month!!". But I hadn't been sent any emails and track hadn't updated either. Weird. So yeah, ring them up!

Same I'd love to hear back from Birmingham some time soon. xx

Ah yes I will ring them, thanks for your help! And yeah you should hear soon because you were only a week after! Xx
Anyone have a covs interview this week?
Thanks for the information.

Definitely not, i had the grades but was offered a conditional offer, the conditions were to show them my qualifications and complete a dbs form and everything was okay so my offer was then changed to unconditional. I still have to do an occupational health check.
Rarely other courses give out unconditional offer unless you already achieved the grades.
Original post by ForestCat
I said highly unlikely. In the vast majority of cases they will want you to get the grades before the offer is unconditional. Your friend must have performed excellently at interview.

Original post by laylaaa_xx
It is possible at BCU I know thay since I know a person who has received an unconditional without having achieved the grades yet

I already had the grades but was offered a conditional because they wanted to see my qualifications and to complete a DBS form and once that was ok i was then offered a unconditional it took 3 months for them to change it on track.

Laylaaa i am sure your friend is not telling the truth ask her to print-screen it, BCU would likely have offered her a conditional offer.
Original post by chikane
I already had the grades but was offered a conditional because they wanted to see my qualifications and to complete a DBS form and once that was ok i was then offered a unconditional it took 3 months for them to change it on track.

Laylaaa i am sure your friend is not telling the truth ask her to print-screen it, BCU would likely have offered her a conditional offer.

Lol I saw it on his UCAS myself😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amurray09
Ive had a rejection from greenwich too! i thought the maths and english as pretty easy but clearly not! shame...was looking forward to the interview!

& I've got an assessment at LSB this Saturday. There are a few good test papers online!

Good luck with LSB 🙏🏾
It is possible at BCU I know thay since I know a person who has received an unconditional without having achieved the grades yet

I know 2 girls who were given conditional offers at Hull university last year but when they made it their firm choice, the offers then turned into unconditional offers. This was before they even sat their A-levels in the summer so they definitely didn't have their grades before the offers turned unconditional
Lol I saw it on his UCAS myself😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Pinkleigh
I know 2 girls who were given conditional offers at Hull university last year but when they made it their firm choice, the offers then turned into unconditional offers. This was before they even sat their A-levels in the summer so they definitely didn't have their grades before the offers turned unconditional

Guess they don't need to make much of an effort with their A-levels if they received an unconditional.
Maybe they need to fill spaces? At my uni no one got an unconditional until their dbs was through and all qualifications and ID were checked.
Reply 1835
Just got an offer from Uni of Birmingham yay!
Original post by Quilks
Just got an offer from Uni of Birmingham yay!

OMG congrats! When was your interview?
Reply 1837
Original post by safiyyah98
OMG congrats! When was your interview?

Thank you!! It was the 16th December :smile:
Hi guys,

Has anyone been to an interview at BCU for children's nursing? + has anyone been offered a place? I just wanted to know what kind of questions they ask and what the iPad questions are like? Anything info would be a big help😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
only one uni has got back to me and that's teeside :frown: all the rest I am waiting to hear from
I applied for Keele, Edinburgh, Queen Margaret, and Dundee. Hope they done take much longer as I don't like waiting :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending