The Student Room Group

is this even possible?!

Is it possible to move from an E in as physics in mocks to an A by the summer, provided I work really hard?
:frown:
Yes definately !
Never doubt what youre capable of.
When i was doing A-levels i got U in my chemistry mock, by summer i managed to get an A
It all depends on how you work fron NOW. Not tomorrow or the day after.
Reply 2
I don't know really :rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by IDontKnowReally
Is it possible to move from an E in as physics in mocks to an A by the summer, provided I work really hard?
:frown:

Its definitely possible, its really easy to move up to a high C or B, getting into A is abit more tricky but if you start working now and focus on past papers you can definitely do it.
Original post by omarkhatri
Yes definately !
Never doubt what youre capable of.
When i was doing A-levels i got U in my chemistry mock, by summer i managed to get an A
It all depends on how you work fron NOW. Not tomorrow or the day after.

Thats very true, what sort of revision methods did you use for it? and how far ahead did you start revising for the summer exams?
Thanks for commenting!
Original post by Hamoody96
I don't know really :rofl:

Spoiler

I'm willing to lose sleep for this haha, thank you

Original post by Neurosci
Its definitely possible, its really easy to move up to a high C or B, getting into A is abit more tricky but if you start working now and focus on past papers you can definitely do it.

Should I start revising for the summer now? And the problem is that my school is doing the new physics alevel so there are no past papers for that :frown:

Should I start revising for the summer now? And the problem is that my school is doing the new physics alevel so there are no past papers for that :frown:

Ah, the past papers thing is quite a setback, most people who I know found them really useful. You can still try looking at questions from the old spec if it is very similar as it usually is, the exam board usually put out 'specimen' papers which are like a past paper but no one has actually sat it. You could get your teacher to give you questions they might expect.

And YES start revising now, I got my A's by spending 1hr a day (at lunch) revising or doing past papers in the library. This gave me loads of free time to go out with friends or chill on evenings and weekends but I started this proccess early, at least 3 months in advance of the exams.
Thats very true, what sort of revision methods did you use for it? and how far ahead did you start revising for the summer exams?
Thanks for commenting!

Ive always used past papers to revise
Initially learn the contents, make notes. I use to read texts from the book and say to myself "ahh ill remember it, i dont need to write it down". But that was one my biggest mistakes

Make notes.
Go over notes.
Answer practice papers (This gets you use to the structure of exams)
If you can answer, go back tonyour revision guide and find it. Go over it.
Continue to next qs.

Its a routine you have to put in. Especially when you start uni

Once i received my U, i realised straight away i need to fix up. I did exactly that. Mon - Friday after college i use to eat and then revise for 3 hours. Id do all my homework and revision in that time
And id have weekends to relax or do extra work

My advice is .. revise early ! Your exams are only 4 months away.
Reply 8

Tell you what, let me just attach a document that can be of great help to you...
Original post by Hamoody96
Tell you what, let me just attach a document that can be of great help to you...

I do AQA but thank you nonetheless

Original post by omarkhatri
Ive always used past papers to revise
Initially learn the contents, make notes. I use to read texts from the book and say to myself "ahh ill remember it, i dont need to write it down". But that was one my biggest mistakes

Make notes.
Go over notes.
Answer practice papers (This gets you use to the structure of exams)
If you can answer, go back tonyour revision guide and find it. Go over it.
Continue to next qs.

Its a routine you have to put in. Especially when you start uni

Once i received my U, i realised straight away i need to fix up. I did exactly that. Mon - Friday after college i use to eat and then revise for 3 hours. Id do all my homework and revision in that time
And id have weekends to relax or do extra work

My advice is .. revise early ! Your exams are only 4 months away.

This is incredibly useful, thank you! I'll try and make a lot more comprehensive notes, and go over them instead of just reading it.
Original post by Neurosci
Ah, the past papers thing is quite a setback, most people who I know found them really useful. You can still try looking at questions from the old spec if it is very similar as it usually is, the exam board usually put out 'specimen' papers which are like a past paper but no one has actually sat it. You could get your teacher to give you questions they might expect.

And YES start revising now, I got my A's by spending 1hr a day (at lunch) revising or doing past papers in the library. This gave me loads of free time to go out with friends or chill on evenings and weekends but I started this proccess early, at least 3 months in advance of the exams.

I've done the specimen paper several times but it doesnt really cover the whole unit very thoroughly unfortunately. Asking for questions is a good idea though, thanks
Well done on your A's btw! What other subjects did you take, if you dont mind me asking?
I've done the specimen paper several times but it doesnt really cover the whole unit very thoroughly unfortunately. Asking for questions is a good idea though, thanks
Well done on your A's btw! What other subjects did you take, if you dont mind me asking?

Chemistry, Geography, History, Biology, Gen studies
YASSS it is
Knowing from personal experience, manage your time, complete all your work, practise a lot of questions, Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest