The Student Room Group

Failed Dissertation

I am an international student studying at the University of Portsmouth. I have successfully completed all of my modules except for my Research Project (Dissertation), even after referral I obtained 34 marks, but I needed 40 marks to pass.is it possible to still graduate with failed dissertation , it counts for 30 credits , i have contacted University regarding this , they have told me to wait untill awards .

I would like to know what options are available to me and what would be the most suitable course of action moving forward. Should I apply for the Post-Study Work (PSW) visa despite having a failed module? Is it possible to graduate even if I fail my dissertation?
Original post by Hirenkumar
I am an international student studying at the University of Portsmouth. I have successfully completed all of my modules except for my Research Project (Dissertation), even after referral I obtained 34 marks, but I needed 40 marks to pass.is it possible to still graduate with failed dissertation , it counts for 30 credits , i have contacted University regarding this , they have told me to wait untill awards .

I would like to know what options are available to me and what would be the most suitable course of action moving forward. Should I apply for the Post-Study Work (PSW) visa despite having a failed module? Is it possible to graduate even if I fail my dissertation?

Some universities will allow students to pass a degree without a dissertation although it is often a degree without honours & receives no classification i.e. a degree without even 3rd class honours.

A lot of courses cannot allow this, as regulations & degree requirements will need 360 credits at the correct levels including a dissertation.

Generally it would be better to resit and pass the credits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending