2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skytrenfield
Yes I did them all on the same day, which was yesterday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
Original post by leannesylvester
Anyone has an offer from the University of Leeds? i got mine today

No. Haven't heard anything :frown:. When did you have an interview?
Original post by skytrenfield
I got an offer for Kingston ☺️☺️ I had my interview & tests today & they rang me soon after!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent, congratulations !

Could you tell what you had to do in regards to the day ? I have my interview for Kingston next week, so scared !
Hey, I'm Caoimhe :smile:
Branch: Adult Nursing
Uni(s) applying to: Queens Belfast, LJMU, Dundee, Edge Hill and Edinburgh Napier
Relevant experience: Work experience in various hospital wards, palliative care hospitals, volunteered at local organisation for disabled children, part of a reading scheme for children with reading difficulties, I'm also a part time Lifeguard so I've qualified in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue and completed a certificate in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Reading some of the other posts I feel like I don't have enough relevant experience. I only sent my UCAS off yesterday, I know I am so late :frown: haha
Has anyone had interviews from the universities that I'm applying to? :smile:
Original post by clarsen1
Hey, I'm Caoimhe :smile:
Branch: Adult Nursing
Uni(s) applying to: Queens Belfast, LJMU, Dundee, Edge Hill and Edinburgh Napier
Relevant experience: Work experience in various hospital wards, palliative care hospitals, volunteered at local organisation for disabled children, part of a reading scheme for children with reading difficulties, I'm also a part time Lifeguard so I've qualified in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue and completed a certificate in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Reading some of the other posts I feel like I don't have enough relevant experience. I only sent my UCAS off yesterday, I know I am so late :frown: haha
Has anyone had interviews from the universities that I'm applying to? :smile:

Hi Caoimhe I also applied to Queens Belfast, LJMU and Dundee. I've only heard back from LJMU and I had the interview on Friday the 8th of January. It started off with a talk about Nursing at LJMU and then a short numeracy test, the interview was a really relaxed interview and the interviews were lovely!
Original post by Anitadonkor
Congrats 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Thank you so much!!!!
Original post by Kryssyg
Excellent, congratulations !

Could you tell what you had to do in regards to the day ? I have my interview for Kingston next week, so scared !

Yeah sure, the day was pretty relaxed, it started at 9am, but the tests started at 9:30am so it wouldn't matter too much if you were a bit later then 9am :smile:

The maths is okay, there is a lot of questions to answer (30) but dont rush as you dont want to make silly mistakes! You only need 18/30 to pass so it's not too bad. As long as you're practicing like fractions, decimals etc then you'll be fine! Two websites they recommend are 'snap education' and bbc bitesize skills which are both really helpful!!!
The english was okay also, its in two parts; one comprehension and one essay but they're honestly both fine!!!
Then while they are marking your tests, you have a talk about the uni which was really informative and helpful!
Then they call people out and the people left in the room go on to the interview stage! In regards to the interviews its like mmi (multiple mini interviews) which are fine as they explain the whole process and you're put into groups and given different times :smile:
The actual interviews aren't too bad, as long as you know about like nursing and like you show your passion then you'll be fine!!!

Good luck!!!!!
Reply 1887
Anyone Had an offer or interview from Kings College?? If so what subjects are you taking and what type of grades have you got or predicted to get?
Reply 1888
Original post by anxila
Anyone Had an offer or interview from Kings College?? If so what subjects are you taking and what type of grades have you got or predicted to get?

I got an offer for KCL :smile: I did BTEC extended diploma in Health and Social Care and got D*D*D* :smile:
Original post by ciaralouise97
Hi Caoimhe I also applied to Queens Belfast, LJMU and Dundee. I've only heard back from LJMU and I had the interview on Friday the 8th of January. It started off with a talk about Nursing at LJMU and then a short numeracy test, the interview was a really relaxed interview and the interviews were lovely!

How long after you sent off your application was LJMU back in touch? Contgrats on getting an interview, I'm glad its relaxed! Goodluck on getting an offer :smile: I hope they get back to me soon! haha what was the numeracy test like, anything to worry about?
Original post by clarsen1
Hey! Has anyone had an interview with Liverpool John Moores? :smile:

Yes I have for children's nursing 😊. Good luck with your interview!
I'm still waiting to hear back from Keele and Northhampton, I haven't heard from either of them at all!! I applied in November so it's been over two months now, I just wish they would get back to me so I can make a choice of what University to go for and get accomodation sorted out! So far I'm going Chester as I have an unconditional there, but ideally want Keele!
I'm also waiting to hear back from Derby after my interview, they're my second choice after Keele! :,)
Also is anyone here any of the girls I met at the Derby Interview for Adult Nursing on Wednesday the 6th?? You was all so lovely and would love to hear how it went haha!!
Reply 1893
Original post by Quilks
I got an offer for KCL :smile: I did BTEC extended diploma in Health and Social Care and got D*D*D* :smile:

Wow congratss!! What other uni's have you applied to?
Original post by Sezena
I'm still waiting to hear back from Keele and Northhampton, I haven't heard from either of them at all!! I applied in November so it's been over two months now, I just wish they would get back to me so I can make a choice of what University to go for and get accomodation sorted out! So far I'm going Chester as I have an unconditional there, but ideally want Keele!
I'm also waiting to hear back from Derby after my interview, they're my second choice after Keele! :,)

Hi when did u have your Keele interview? I had mine on the 19th November and just recently got an offer 3days ago :smile:
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Hi when did u have your Keele interview? I had mine on the 19th November and just recently got an offer 3days ago :smile:

I haven't heard back from Keele at all not even an acknowledgment! I rang them about two weeks ago and they said they're currently marking my personal statement but still haven't heard anything!
Original post by Sezena
I haven't heard back from Keele at all not even an acknowledgment! I rang them about two weeks ago and they said they're currently marking my personal statement but still haven't heard anything!

Oh okay then well fingers crossed theyll get back to u soon then! Its probably because they have a lot of applications to go through or something??
Original post by katienursing2015
Yes I have for children's nursing 😊. Good luck with your interview!

How did it go? :smile: Thanks!
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Oh okay then well fingers crossed theyll get back to u soon then! Its probably because they have a lot of applications to go through or something??

That's what I'm hoping but they've got back to loads who applied after me, eeek!
Has anyone had an interview/test day at Brighton & could tell me what it was like? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending