The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's 5.5 shots a game, which isn't even that much really. Suarez was doing similar numbers at Liverpool, Aguero has had similar numbers too.

I think Ronaldo is normally up at 7-8 a game, whoscored thinks so too http://www.whoscored.com/Players/5583/History/Cristiano-Ronaldo . And on this page http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics , he's only a shot per game more than Messi/Lewa, and only 2 more than Coutinho. Team player.
Hardly surprising considering Messi and Suarez walk most goals into the net.
Original post by difeo

Aspas in the top ten = redundant stats.

Also, "Real Madrid to appeal transfer ban". Has there ever been a more expected headline?
Original post by Mackay

Also, "Real Madrid to appeal transfer ban". Has there ever been a more expected headline?

Real Madrid banned for two transfer windows.

Also this makes sense why Atlético bought so many strikers/forwards in the summer.
Original post by jam277
Real Madrid banned for two transfer windows.

Also this makes sense why Atlético bought so many strikers/forwards in the summer.

Imagine that PL clubs will feel the ripple-effects, though. They may have to undertake some alternative buying patterns this summer.
Original post by Mackay

In terms of number of shots taken. Doesn't say anything about quality or where the ball ended up.
Original post by Mackay

Higher shot numbers aren't inherently a good thing. My main point was Ronaldo, twice as many as anyone else lol
Original post by difeo
Higher shot numbers aren't inherently a good thing. My main point was Ronaldo, twice as many as anyone else lol

Original post by Zerforax
In terms of number of shots taken. Doesn't say anything about quality or where the ball ended up.

Nah I know. Was mainly just voicing my disapproval that Aspas is in any sort of list with Ronaldo.

The Aspas School of Corners will always be remembered.
Lol at Gijon
5-0 and it's only HT
As emphatic a start as it's been for Zizou, these aren't the games that he's going to be judged on. Unless you're beating Barca, Atletico, Seville or Villareal, thumping Gijon doesn't mean ****.
Original post by The Wavefunction
As emphatic a start as it's been for Zizou, these aren't the games that he's going to be judged on. Unless you're beating Barca, Atletico, Seville or Villareal, thumping Gijon doesn't mean ****.

Absolutely. These teams are more often than not cannon fodder for the big teams, especially the big two, as demonstrated by the 5-1 mauling.
Another draw for Neville and Valencia. In tenth place. Negredo scored a good goal but you get the language problems must be a reason Neville isn't getting his message across on the training ground but he could do with a few signings.
Benzemas goal was class today :coma:
Ronaldo should have seen red for that kick out against Gijon. He held his chest straight away, to try and convince the referee he had been done wrong. Such a shame.

Still, a great result for Real. Tactically, it wasn't special. It was merely superior players coming together to wreak havoc on a very poor side.
MSN and BBC killing it today. 10 goals between them all.

Simeone is a genius.
That piece of control by Neymar out on the wing when it was 2-0 to Barcelona. What a party trick.
CR7 is declining Neymar and Suarez are catching up
Original post by Manchester United

Simeone is a genius.

Bayern though. Lowest amount of shots faced per match.

Latest