The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading - 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radiohead97
I feel you, I'm very undecided as well :/ I'm an EU applicant so visiting isn't so easy - I was planning on just comparing the modules and social sides of the unis I get offers from (and reviews). Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I did when short listing but it's hard from the videos/ photos to see what the university's will actually be like once you're there.
Bristol, Essex, Sussex and Portsmouth, what abou you? And if you don't mind me asking where abouts in the EU?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by PurpleHairTroll
That's what I did when short listing but it's hard from the videos/ photos to see what the university's will actually be like once you're there.
Bristol, Essex, Sussex and Portsmouth, what abou you? And if you don't mind me asking where abouts in the EU?

Ughh, i know :frown: in that case I really hope that I'll get a massive good hunch...

Kent, Surrey, Liverpool and Dundee! Have you heard back from all of your choices? So far I have an offer from Surrey :smile:

And I'm from Sweden! Are you also an EU applicant, or UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ughh, i know :frown: in that case I really hope that I'll get a massive good hunch...

Kent, Surrey, Liverpool and Dundee! Have you heard back from all of your choices? So far I have an offer from Surrey :smile:

And I'm from Sweden! Are you also an EU applicant, or UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had offers from Portsmouth, Sussex, Essex and Reading, just waiting for Bristol!!

I live in London but in trying to move out of the big city, it's a bit much for me😅 Kent Is a nice area, if you do decide to go you should take a road trip down to the beach/ cliffs :smile:
Original post by pmh98
Okay!! How did you find the workshop? And oh that's a shame! It would have been nice to have a look around properly! What sort of thing did they ask you in the interview? And yes, if I get an offer it will be my first choice, is t yours? And thank you!!

You might be able to walk round the grounds whilst waiting for the interview but you need passes to go inside and have a proper look :/
I'm undecided, Reading was my first choice but recently I've wanted to do a year abroad but you can only take a term with them :frown:( where else have you applied??
I've had offers from Portsmouth, Sussex, Essex and Reading, just waiting for Bristol!!

I live in London but in trying to move out of the big city, it's a bit much for me😅 Kent Is a nice area, if you do decide to go you should take a road trip down to the beach/ cliffs :smile:

That's awesome, well done! :h: and thanks for the tip, I'll definitely keep that in mind! Did you apply for film in all your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
You might be able to walk round the grounds whilst waiting for the interview but you need passes to go inside and have a proper look :/
I'm undecided, Reading was my first choice but recently I've wanted to do a year abroad but you can only take a term with them :frown:( where else have you applied??

Ah okay! I suppose you can see bits of the media building whilst you take part in the workshops and things?! I didn't realise you couldn't do a full year abroad with them, that's annoying! Do you want to go anywhere in particular abroad? And I've applied to Nottingham, Greenwich, Canterbury and Hertfordshire, where have you applied??
That's awesome, well done! :h: and thanks for the tip, I'll definitely keep that in mind! Did you apply for film in all your choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Mostly film, Essex was film and creative writing, Bristol is Film and television. What about you?
Thanks! Mostly film, Essex was film and creative writing, Bristol is Film and television. What about you?

Mine are all for English with film! I actually thought about applying for film studies and creative writing at Portsmouth and film/tv production, but decided against it in the end (obviously) :tongue:
Mine are all for English with film! I actually thought about applying for film studies and creative writing at Portsmouth and film/tv production, but decided against it in the end (obviously) :tongue:

Oh really, Portsmouth was just my back up incase no where else accepted me😅 What do you currently study??
Original post by UniofReading
Hi,

If you've been invited to an applicant day, I would recommend going, if it is possible. I found the day really useful and made me feel sure I was making the right choice. Before I made my final decision to put Reading as my firm I visited 3 times (school visit, open day and applicant day). Prior to the applicant day I was sure Reading was my favourite, but I just wanted to make sure as it had been a long time since open day (clearly I was sure as its where I am) . But it was also a really good opportunity to talk to staff and other students. It is more tailored for your course than a normal day so they can be really helpful.

Hope this has helped and feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer

Thanks so much Emma! I've heard they are supposed to be really good but the only issue is that I live overseas. Is it worth flying over or should I just ask someone who went to fill me in? :smile:
Oh really, Portsmouth was just my back up incase no where else accepted me😅 What do you currently study??

Hahaha it was supposed to be a backup for me as well xD I'll PM you so we can stop spamming :tongue:
Reply 271
Just found out I've got an Unconditional Offer to study Marketing and Consumer Pyschology! I'm so happy and also very surprised it's an unconditional offer! Now to make up my mind...
Original post by isla.
Just found out I've got an Unconditional Offer to study Marketing and Consumer Pyschology! I'm so happy and also very surprised it's an unconditional offer! Now to make up my mind...

Congratulations! :smile:
Received a conditional offer for Pharmacy!
Applied for Msc in Digital Marketing. Let's wait and see.

Are they fast with offers for Masters?
Original post by pmh98
Ah okay! I suppose you can see bits of the media building whilst you take part in the workshops and things?! I didn't realise you couldn't do a full year abroad with them, that's annoying! Do you want to go anywhere in particular abroad? And I've applied to Nottingham, Greenwich, Canterbury and Hertfordshire, where have you applied??

It would be nice to go to America, I've never been because it's always been too expensive /: are you interested in a year abroad?? Canterbury seems to be popular for film! I've chosen Sussex, Essex, Portsmouth and Bristol
Reply 276
Got an offer for Politics and Economics
Original post by katethegreat98
Thanks so much Emma! I've heard they are supposed to be really good but the only issue is that I live overseas. Is it worth flying over or should I just ask someone who went to fill me in? :smile:

It depends have you been to Reading yet? As I guess it is a long way to come for just a day. Perhaps email the department explaining how you would like to come for the day but as you live overseas it is quite a stretch, they may be able to send over the material from the day. Also if you want to get a feel of Reading, have a look on youtube there are a few videos that show campus and the different things going on. Here is the linkhttps://www.youtube.com/user/UniofReading

Also any other questions feel free to ask me

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer
Reply 278
It would be nice to go to America, I've never been because it's always been too expensive /: are you interested in a year abroad?? Canterbury seems to be popular for film! I've chosen Sussex, Essex, Portsmouth and Bristol

Yes America would be amazing! And I was going to do a year abroad but now I'm not so sure?!
Canterbury is a really nice uni and it's really close to where I live so I could commute if I wanted to!? And Sussex is a really nice uni and is popular as well!!
How long did it take for you to hear back from Reading after your interview??
Got an offer today! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending