The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mismash
when did u go for the interview?

i had my interview on the 6th jan and received the email on the 7th. how about you? have you heard anything yet? I know it says march but apparently people are all ready hearing??
Reply 1981
branch: adult nursing
universities: york, keele, uea, northumbria, lincoln

i've got interviews at northumbria & keele on the 1st and 2nd of feb!! has anyone got interviews then/gone for interviews there?? :smile:
Reply 1982
Original post by mharding1994
Hey! I have my interview for keele in two weeks. Can i ask what the interview was like and what questions are asked? And anything else i need to know
thanks very much and well done

what date is your keele interview?? i've got one there as well!!
I've applied for Children's Nursing

I have interviews for RGU and Cumbria.

I'm waiting to hear from Dundee, Napier and GCU but I'm told this will not be anytime soon. I believe they don't even look at applications until the closing date, and then it can take a while - adult normally hear first I think but it's unlikely this will be before the start of February. I've heard Napier sometimes don't interview until mid-March and GCU don't get in touch until March (for Children's) GCU don't interview either I believe.
Original post by Caligrafee
I've applied for Children's Nursing

I have interviews for RGU and Cumbria.

I'm waiting to hear from Dundee, Napier and GCU but I'm told this will not be anytime soon. I believe they don't even look at applications until the closing date, and then it can take a while - adult normally hear first I think but it's unlikely this will be before the start of February. I've heard Napier sometimes don't interview until mid-March and GCU don't get in touch until March (for Children's) GCU don't interview either I believe.

What was cumbria's like ?
i've mine for MH nursing tomorrow at the Lancaster campus
Original post by Shadowsfear
What was cumbria's like ?
i've mine for MH nursing tomorrow at the Lancaster campus

Not had it yet, not until February. Let me know what it's like :biggrin:
I really need help, I have received an offer from Bradford university for Nursing but I'm not sure if I should attend other interviews or just accept the offer? Anyone have any advice please would be appreciated
Original post by kaitlinrice
I really need help, I have received an offer from Bradford university for Nursing but I'm not sure if I should attend other interviews or just accept the offer? Anyone have any advice please would be appreciated

Unless you're 100% sure you want to attend Bradford, I would wait and go to your other interviews :smile: you have an offer so it's not going anywhere, so I'd go to your other interviews so you have more options. I'm currently half way through my second year and I'm glad I waited as my university I'm at was my last interview x
I'm 110% I want to go to Bradford like! So I'm so undecided but thank you very much!!
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
Unless you're 100% sure you want to attend Bradford, I would wait and go to your other interviews :smile: you have an offer so it's not going anywhere, so I'd go to your other interviews so you have more options. I'm currently half way through my second year and I'm glad I waited as my university I'm at was my last interview x
Original post by Caligrafee
Not had it yet, not until February. Let me know what it's like :biggrin:

sure thing and best of luck in feb :biggrin:
Original post by hipposcribble
I'm firming KCL too! Major well done to you and hope to meet you there next year!! :smile:

See you in September!
Original post by hipposcribble
Congratulations!! Are you thinking of firming it?

Most definitely!! I loved the uni so much! :biggrin:
Hey everyone!!
I've got interviewsfor Brighton, Canterbury, Southampton, Surrey and Bournemouth to do adult nursing. Anyone here had an interview at any of these and can offer some tips? Four are coming up soon and beginning to get really nervous

Good luck to everyone as well :smile:
Reply 1993
Adult Nursing
University of Wolverhampton
I have applied to start my nursing in 2017. I am currently on a Leap course.
Worked as a HCA for over 18 years, and yeh I am what they call a mature student at the age of 50.
I have just applied to Wolverhampton University and I am waiting to see if I have got an interview.

So keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck everybody,
:h::aetsch:
(edited 8 years ago)
Kings kindly rejected me despite them saying I met all their requirements, my predicted grades were much higher than what they want and I had work experience. They said they had limited places I guess I wasn't as strong as a candidate. Anyone else heard from kings?
Original post by HollyA95
Hey everyone!!
I've got interviewsfor Brighton, Canterbury, Southampton, Surrey and Bournemouth to do adult nursing. Anyone here had an interview at any of these and can offer some tips? Four are coming up soon and beginning to get really nervous

Good luck to everyone as well :smile:

Hiya, I've had an interview for Brighton! My advice is to just go over why you want it be a nurse and be aware of the 6 C's. It's an MMI and all the interviewers are so lovely and very encouraging, you'll be fine!
Original post by ola_kovaci
Kings kindly rejected me despite them saying I met all their requirements, my predicted grades were much higher than what they want and I had work experience. They said they had limited places I guess I wasn't as strong as a candidate. Anyone else heard from kings?

I got an offer last week.
What feedback did you get from them?
Did you get to interview? Don't let a rejection get you down! Where else have you applied?
Original post by Lorl
Adult Nursing
University of Wolverhampton
I have applied to start my nursing in 2017. I am currently on a Leap course.
Worked as a HCA for over 18 years, and yeh I am what they call a mature student at the age of 50.
I have just applied to Wolverhampton University and I am waiting to see if I have got an interview.

So keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck everybody,
:h::aetsch:

I'm a fellow mature student too!
Good luck with your interview. You've got heaps of experience!
Has anyone applied to York for nursing? If so have you heard back or had an interview?

I applied over a month ago and still no news!
I'm starting at Canterbury Christ Church in April having been deferred after originally starting in September 2015. I did the three months study at uni and then had an accident and missed my entire placement so have to start again...

If anyone needs any help or advise about the course at CCCU, I'm happy to assist. Its a great uni, thats for sure!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending