The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzyfitzgerald
I got an offer from salford last night! Has anyone else got one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi when did you have your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, has anyone heard off Uni of Liverpool? :smile:
Hi, I have an interview for Bournemouth uni for adult nursing Thursday next week. I am feeling nervous as not sure what to expect I know they do a group discussion and face to face interview just wondering what kind of questions to expect if anyone has already had their interviews :// Also does anyone know if you do a maths and English test at Bouremouth uni or not ? Thanks all :smile:)
Original post by fc93
Sorry to butt in but I've firmed KCL too! Are any of you PgDip? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh no unfortunately not :-(
Original post by Luce0506
Hi, has anyone heard off Uni of Liverpool? :smile:

Hiya, yes, i have an interview with them next month:smile:
Bournemouth don't have maths or english tests.

I didn't have a group interview just a face-to-face.

There were 3 people on the interview panel. One didn't speak (was there as an observer) but was quite smiley. One didn't seem to smile much and the third person was nice and chatty. Everyone was really lovely.

The interview itself was quite straightforward. My advice would be to consider how your experience relates to nursing eg how would you deal with ****************? Can you give an example of how you did **********?

My interview was for child branch nursing but I expect the format is similar.

Good luck.

Original post by HSMITH33
Hi, I have an interview for Bournemouth uni for adult nursing Thursday next week. I am feeling nervous as not sure what to expect I know they do a group discussion and face to face interview just wondering what kind of questions to expect if anyone has already had their interviews :// Also does anyone know if you do a maths and English test at Bouremouth uni or not ? Thanks all :smile:)
Original post by Kat129
Bournemouth don't have maths or english tests.

I didn't have a group interview just a face-to-face.

There were 3 people on the interview panel. One didn't speak (was there as an observer) but was quite smiley. One didn't seem to smile much and the third person was nice and chatty. Everyone was really lovely.

The interview itself was quite straightforward. My advice would be to consider how your experience relates to nursing eg how would you deal with ****************? Can you give an example of how you did **********?

My interview was for child branch nursing but I expect the format is similar.

Good luck.

Thanks for replying so quick! How long was your face to face interview?
Reply 2027
im going to kings college university on next week, has any one got idea about whats the english and the maths test like.
Reply 2028
i have a test next week kings collge university. can some one help me with the maths test im worreid.
Not really sure. Didn't look at the time. It didn't feel very long - maybe 15 minutes

Original post by HSMITH33
Thanks for replying so quick! How long was your face to face interview?
Original post by faysa
i have a test next week kings collge university. can some one help me with the maths test im worreid.

Don't worry about it! Just do the practice paper and if you've forgotten how to do some maths just go onto the website they gave (snap nhs) and watch the videos on there!
Reply 2031
Original post by carli97
Don't worry about it! Just do the practice paper and if you've forgotten how to do some maths just go onto the website they gave (snap nhs) and watch the videos on there!

could you give me any examples if you had done the test pleas. thanks for replying xx
Original post by faysa
could you give me any examples if you had done the test pleas. thanks for replying xx

There's a sample test on their website and in the test day info they send on Kings Apply. If you look at that you'll see what it covers.
Reply 2033
Original post by Nat3001
There's a sample test on their website and in the test day info they send on Kings Apply. If you look at that you'll see what it covers.

Thank you nat3001, I have looked at the link they send it to me but is the similar or different x
Reply 2034
Has anyone recently been to kings college university
Original post by faysa
Thank you nat3001, I have looked at the link they send it to me but is the similar or different x

It's a sample test paper for the KCL numeracy test. This will give you an idea of what areas you need to know for the maths test.
Reply 2036
Original post by MissDetermined
Has anyone applied to York for nursing? If so have you heard back or had an interview?

I applied over a month ago and still no news!

I applied to York as well for adult nursing, and have still yet to here anything back! Don't worry - you're not on your own!! x
Original post by e_llyn
I applied to York as well for adult nursing, and have still yet to here anything back! Don't worry - you're not on your own!! x

I applied to York October 23rd (nearly 3 months ago)!!! For children's. Haven't heard anything either.. However, I rang the other day and the lady said what happens is if they get say 1000 applicants 10 people get 100 each and it depends how fast those people work through them as to who hears when.. Made me feel a little better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abcdeabcde
Hi when did you have your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

January 11th, you?
Reply 2039
[QUOTE=Becky_Ed;62031949]Mines tomorrow!! :afraid: lol

Are you going to kings college university and doing nursing. Could you please give a hint what's like please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending