The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glad the teacher reported it. Teachers from July 2015 have a legal obligation to report signs of kids being radicalised or extreme. Sad for the kid but it's better safe than sorry...
Bit silly really the teacher should have asked him a few questions herself and found out it was just a spelling mistake.
Reply 22
Original post by 0123456543210
based on a reasonable belief

If anyone truly believes that they should seriously consider seeking psychiatric help.
Original post by RegencyTwink
Precisely what has "happened" to him? He was asked a few questions, the misunderstanding was cleared up.

The tendency for the Muslim community and their leftist fellow travellers to go into hysterics and shriek about victimhood in response to complete non-events is pathetically sad.

If they took the plague of terrorism and elevated levels of criminality that exist within their community half as seriously as they take any opportunity to pose as benighted victims of the evil Western conspiracy against Islam, we might actually see some progress

Typical left-wing behaviour: "I am offended because someone, somewhere, somewhen may possibly be offended".
It seems like "BLM" attitude now crawled inside Britain and so everyone who isn't white is victimised whereas white, 'privileged' people are usually to blame for everything.
Reply 24
Original post by I. C Weiner
Bit silly really the teacher should have asked him a few questions herself and found out it was just a spelling mistake.
Unfortunately, the working life of a teacher is now inextricably bound up with regulations, forms and protocols. It really isn't worth your career to skip official procedure because you think it's "a bit silly".
Poor little kid
Original post by QE2
Unfortunately, the working life of a teacher is now inextricably bound up with regulations, forms and protocols. It really isn't worth your career to skip official procedure because you think it's "a bit silly".

Said regulations need looking at. Of course sometimes it's necessary to get the police involved but this time seemed a little OTT and a waste of police time and money.
Original post by Khadijah489
Poor little fella :frown:

indeed- what kind of household is he coming from where he learns to spell terrorist before terraced
Exactly, what is the world coming to these days?! it's frightening to know that this type of thing can happen to anyone
Opps it seems here was a little more to this than originally reported

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lancashire-police-say-terrorist-house-incident-not-about-spelling-mistake-a6824481.html

The student had written 'I hate it when my uncle beats me' and 'I live in a terrorist house with my uncle'.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/status/690078861049118720/photo/1
Original post by BaconandSauce
Opps it seems here was a little more to this than originally reported

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lancashire-police-say-terrorist-house-incident-not-about-spelling-mistake-a6824481.html

The student had written 'I hate it when my uncle beats me' and 'I live in a terrorist house with my uncle'.

https://twitter.com/steveplrose/status/690078861049118720/photo/1

Imagine how much trouble the school would have been in if they hadn't investigated it further.
Reply 32
Lol can't believe people are actually approving of police involvement here.
Ah well, that's TSR for you.
Original post by HAnwar
Lol can't believe people are actually approving of police involvement here.
Ah well, that's TSR for you.

So when a child writes a report saying he hates it when his uncle beats him and he lives in a terrorist house the school is to do nothing!
Original post by ShakiraShakira1
Imagine how much trouble the school would have been in if they hadn't investigated it further.

So much trouble
Reply 35
So when a child writes a report saying he hates it when his uncle beats him and he lives in a terrorist house the school is to do nothing!

Did you not see his father's response to that?
Original post by HAnwar
Did you not see his father's response to that?

No but how would we know the fathers response if it hadn't been investigated.
Reply 37
No but how would we know the fathers response if it hadn't been investigated.

And they really needed to get the police involved for that.
Original post by HAnwar
And they really needed to get the police involved for that.

If a child writes

'I hate being beaten by my uncle' and 'I live in a terrorist house' who should get involved?

IMO yes the police and social serves should defiantly be involved along with the school.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm usually all for necessary police intervention but this seems like overkill even to me. Surely a quick "What did you mean by this word?" would have sufficed when the answer inevitably turned out to be "my house is in the middle of lots of other houses".

Why is that answer inevitable? It's a possible answer, perhaps even a likely answer, but not the only one possible.

The same people complaining about this would be screaming their heads off if it turned out that a terrorist successfully launched an attack from this household and nothing had been done in response to this weak evidence. Everyone can be a genius with hindsight, and school children are used to perfect solutions being at least possible; in the real world, things fail more often than they succeed, most ends are dead ends, and even a 5% success rate in matters like terrorist detection is excellent.

There was a more than 5% chance that he meant what he wrote.

Latest

Trending

Trending